Is light spotting during early pregnancy normal?

I am around 5 weeks, and a first time mom-to-be. Today I experienced some light spotting that freaked me out. I have not yet been to my first OB appointment, should I call my Dr about this? Will they even talk to me without seeing me? I've read that some Dr's dont want to see you till your 2nd period has been missed to be sure your not having a false pregnancy.

blue7eyed3girl

Asked by blue7eyed3girl at 10:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• never heard of the last thing you were talking about i have called my ob and he hasnt seen me yet but he did with my first. they told us if it is not dark blood or if it comes and goes then it is ok. if you are that worried then call you ob all they can tell you is we cant answer that over the phone
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• It is fine as long as you don't have any severe cramping and a heavy flow you are okay.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2009