Torticallus?

Hey all you Moms,

does anyone have any idea's on what you can do to help your baby with Torticallus?

Torticallus is when your baby's head is flat on one side and your baby favors that side..

any ideas would be great.. or if any of you have stories that can inspire me not to be worried those are great as well.

Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had a friend whos babies were real early and both of their heads were like that and they told her to sit and rub them like you would rub a ball like in circles it worked like that for her. good luck it doesnt last forever
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't want to scare you, but my dh still has a flat spot on the back of his head. So I would definately do as Wyattsmom205 suggested.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I was the one with the question,

So far we have been taking him to theraphy and to the Chiro 2 times a month to see if that will help. since we started he has made over 60 % in better changes.. So im hoping this will continue to be a good thing,. Thanks to all of you who answer. I really need ideas or Just stories of how it has gone for your little one if you have been through this.

Oh my son is 4 months old now!
    Anonymous

• My dd was diagnosed with torticollis when she was 6 wks. She has gone to PT once a week since then. Her range of motion is fully restored, but her tilt stills needs a lot of work. It can easily take up to a year to completely resolve torticollis so be patient. Also make sure that you have gone for xrays to rule out any sort of bony issue.
    Due to my dd's torticollis her head has flattened on one side in the back, this is called plagiocephaly. She is currently wearing a helmet to help reshape her head. If his head shape is something that you are concerned about then I would talk with your pedi about options.
    There are some great support groups on Yahoo for both of these issues. If you have any further q's, feel free to pm me. Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• WELL I AM THE ONE WITH THE QUESTION. AND SO FAR HE HAS GOT HIS HELMET AND IS MAKING A GREAT CHANGE TO THE SHAPE OF HIS HEAD. I AM SOOOO GLAD I DID THIS AND NOW HE SHOULD HAVE IT OFF BY THE END OF JUNE.
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ANSWERS AND HELP :)
    ilovemygirl05

Answer by ilovemygirl05 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2009