im so stressed :( anyone want to jus listen to me and maybe give me input?

go to my drs appt today, and they say my ahcccs thru state is inactive. i go t the place, they send me away saying i have to figure this out somewhere else so i leave. calll the place and they say no they lied to you, they fix it where they are they cancelled your insurance, we did not. so i go BACK over there wait for 45 min and the lady tells me that they cancelled my insurance THREE MONTHS ago... and that i will have to pay for all of my appts ive had and the times i went to th hospital. YET i have dates stamped and marked being in there since november 20th that the received my paperwork and showing everything is okay with my health insurance... :( im ready to deliver in a few weeks! :( im so stressed :( any input or advice or ANYTHING? ive been crying all day long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG i just now got my insurance figured out.. im sorry they're being asses
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would call your insurance company, the doc office may not have the accurate info. I really do feel for you that is awful!! Good luck
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i wouldnt worry about it you have something to look forward besides they wont come and take your kid if you dont pay the drs lol sometimes we wish lol
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Keep your paperwork. Document your visits. I'm confused about "who" cancelled your insurance and why would this happen? I would work backwards, and figure it out. Maybe it is an error and no one wants to fess up. I do hope it gets better for you. Calm down, and start again tomorrow.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Who told you that your insurance was cancelled three months ago, your insurance company or your employer in which the insurance is through?

Are you supposed to be enrolled still? What would make you think that the policy is active now your being told it's not?
    (I work for an insurance company, sorry for asking not anseriwng)
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 10:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i am worried about it, im not a rich person that can pay for 3 months of appts and hospital visits along with having a new baby, and everything else like my typical bills :(

i talked to the department of economic security where i got my insurance through state and they just shrug their shoulders and give me the run around :( i of course will and can re apply, BUT it takes longer to get approved than when im due. ive also ALREADY been having pre term labor too. :( its so hard dealing with people majority of people just BS you even in the worst times of need...its sad.
    Anonymous

• the department of economic security said it is cancelled. i dont think it is active now, i went to a drs appt today and THEY told me that it is showing it is inactive. so i went to DES to find out. they said it was inactive since mid october. i NEVER knew about this nor did i receive notification of cancellation and ive been in there 4 times SINCE it was "cancelled" and turned in paperwork. (its dated and stamped and photocopied) so why in the world did the continue to take my paperwork if i dont have a case or file to even PUT it in, and even so, why didnt they TELL me that i have no insurance those times i went in there. today when i spoke with the "supervisor" she said they dont enter in the information when you turn paperwork in.
    SO did they just let my paperwork sit there? and maybes THATS why it got canceled?
    Anonymous

• If that is the situation, where you dont have your insurance through this, just know that Dr's and hospitals have to allow you to give them only what you can.. even if it's $20 a month.. as long as you are sending them something, they cannot put you in collections. For now, you can contact you Dr office to see about starting up a payment plan..
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 10:29 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• thats what my dr office said, she never like denied me or anything about going to see my doctor, she just said if it were me i wouldnt go in because you may not want to be responsible for your appts if they are not covered.

but how should i push forward about this?
    or should i just be easy and let it go and re apply and pay all these appts?

Anonymous

• I would touch all of your bases first to be sure you are not paying for anything you are entitled to from your insurance. DONT BE EASY AND LET IT GO... but also dont let it stress you out too bad right now, it is not a good time to be stressed. You should be worried about your own and your baby's well being.. If you know someone who could maybe make your phone calls for you right now to avoid stressing youself out.. make a simple phone call to your insurance company to obtain a HIPAA authorization form placed on file for that someon.. (A privacy form that allows that person to deal with your insurance) But chec k to see why your insurance was cancelled, or if it was incorrectly cancelled. If your insurance was incorrectly cancelled, you should be able to have the insurance put back into place with no break in coverage.. eliminating your original termination date of your insurance.
    blue7eyed3girl

Answer by blue7eyed3girl at 10:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009