i was engage, what can i do to show him that i do love him

I was engange for almost 2year, and i decided to brake up, because he was not helping me to fix my car, i did mention it to him but he just didn't pay much attention to me. so finally i couldn't take it anymore, and a friend also advise me to live him. so i did, but i do love him, and i want to be with him. i feel very stupid for doing that, he hasn't gave me the ring back. he said he is not sure about me any more, because i'm the one who brakes up with me. i don't know what to do. help please!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• my bf asks me that all the time. "How do I know you love me?" "show it..."
    I just tell him, if I didnt love you, I wouldnt be here. Love isnt something you can really show, you just feel it. You have to trust one another. Hope it helped. GL.
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Ask him to marry you. Cook his fav dinner. Take him on a trip...
    Anonymous

• You don't break up with someone over a car if you truly love them. JMO.
    Give the relationship time to grow and see if he really is the one.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You broke his trust... he's not wanting to go thru that again if things aren't going the way you want. It sounds like you wanted the car fixed more than you wanted him at that time. You left him... naturally you're going to have to show him again that you're someone he can count on to be there when things aren't going so great. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. Don't push the marriage thing, if you love him, just keep loving him and tell him how you feel about what you did and maybe he'll see that you mean it if you really do. Good luck
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree breaking off a wedding because of a car???? I don't seem to understand that. But you broke his heart, my fiancee has told me the worst thing I could do to him was to give him the ring back and one time i almost did we got in such a huge fight, and the look on his face when i tried handing it to him broke my heart because i saw how much pain that was to him. Its going to take time for him to earn your trust again and know that he is not making a mistake
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 12:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2009