What happened to Customer Service?

I do not recommend Stride Rite shoes!!!!!!!!!! I blew money on a pair of shoes the sales person said my son would out grow before he would out wear them. 6 months later they are in pieces but still fit his feet. When I contacted the Stride Rite company, they offered to do nothing to help me even though I had my receipt and the box they came in. DO NOT BUY STRIDE RITE SHOES IT IS A WAIST!!!!!!!!

No it's not a question it's a BASH DO NOT BUY FROM STRIDE RITE SHOES!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• I'm not spending 40 bucks on a pair of shoes my son will get completely dirty and outgrow before I get my 40 dollars out of them. I will stick with my 15 dollar ones from walmart thank you!
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 1:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've always had great experiences with them
    Anonymous

• I have never spent that much money on a pair of shoes for anyone in the family. I reccomend target for shoes for the kids. They run about $13 a pair, so If they need a new pair I'm not left outraged which you understandably are.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Stride were the only shoes my extremely wide footed son could wear. I never once had an issue. They are expensive but I wouldn't buy them for the average child.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:50 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had to get my son's first pair of shoes there. He also has very wide feet and I wanted something he be comfortable learning to walk in. I didn't have this problem with my older kids so I had never been there. I was not impressed. My mom said to go there because they are good shoes. I think their quality is lacking now more than it used to.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've never had a problem with them. My son has to wear them because he's pigeon toed and they offer him the best support for his ankles. Do I like spending $50 on a pair of shoes? Not really. But if those are the best for his feet, then that's what I have to do I suppose..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You had a pair of shoes that wore out after six months and you want Stride Rite to give you a free pair or something? I'm not understanding this. That would be like me menstruating all over my Victoria's Secret underwear and going in the store with the receipt demanding a new pair of undies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Six months...sounds like you got pretty good use out of them. Sorry your son's feet didn't grow as fast as the salesperson said, but still...you got some really good use out of them. If you said they were in pieces after a week, that'd be different. Kids are hard on shoes, it's just the way it is.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• $50/180 days = .28 a day. Looks like those shoes were pretty cheap ;)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009