I am 24 years old ,I have been threw alot in my life. Grew up very fast and was out on my own since i was 15!...I was in a horrible relationship and was very unhappy for seven years!he was not the man I could see myself marrying and also , being 15 who would think about marriage? rite? well, I have two kids 3 and 5 . I am in a relationship and I want to be married!.I am finally ready to settle down and have my boyfriend be my husband!how do I make him see that?

I have been threw alot in my life. Grew up very fast and was out on my own since i was 15!...I was in a horrible relationship and was very unhappy for seven years!he was not the man I could see myself marrying and also , being 15 who would think about marriage? rite? well, I have two kids 3 and 5 . I am in a relationship and I want to be married!.I am finally ready to settle down and have my boyfriend be my husband!how do I make him see that?

malakyesbabyboo

Asked by malakyesbabyboo at 12:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I feel you, I also have been thru a lot and moved out at 15. You need to slightly bring up the fact that you want secure stability, let him know without freaking him out. I think is the best way. Bringing up little by little, and throwing hints of weddings and engagements. At the store look at the rings, and mention which one you would want if it were to happen, adn how wonderful it would be. :)
    Little_Maria

Answer by Little_Maria at 1:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• See...I'm the opposite of L_M. I go with the direct approach. Let him know where you're at, and ask where he is. Make sure he knows it's okay if he isn't there yet, though!!! Communication is so important in a relationship. Learning how to talk to each other about the 'big' stuff now is key to building a future.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 2:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Tell him that you do want more with him, but make sure you don't pressure him. My guess is that you are 22 and he is probably young too. Being a mom as early as you were you grew up really quickly and you're going to be ready for things a lot sooner than he will. So don't pressure him, just let him know where you are and give him time. If it is meant to be it will happen.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:17 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Are you living with him?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think you should ask yourself this question... Why do I need to open my boyfriends eyes to make him see that he should marry me? If, and when he is ready, he's going to ask you. Just don't waste too much time waiting. Give it a time limit, and stick to it!!!! You two are soooo young. I stayed in a relationship for 8 years and I wanted marriage. I finally left him. I found myself single now in my 30's. Don't let it happen to you. You are worth it!
    thethrashersmom

Answer by thethrashersmom at 6:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2008