my first time

Well I had sex with this guy when I was 15 who I was madly in love with, and I thought he felt the same for me. Well turned out being an awful night, a one night stand for his pleasure. He told me he loved me, wanted to marry me, yadda yadda. Well I'm 19 now and I still love him. I'm married to someone else, who I have a son by, but I still love my first. Why? I don't know. But I do. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• I think the first guy most women fall in love with kinda just sticks in your head. I still think of my first love from time to time, and would really care if something happened to him. If I could stop it I would, but I think I have him built up to be something he was not... just because he was my first love.
    The guy I gave my virginity up to is a whole other story... he was an ass like yours sounds. Don't call it love, no one should love a person that does that to you ;)
    Anonymous

• I did years ago, LOL. I guess I kind of out grew it. I wound up talking to him once a couple of years ago and there was nothing. . .
    He was an egomaniac though.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:44 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I know, that's exactly what I mean. I love him, but I dont know why because of what he did to me. I hate him, but yet I love him.
    Anonymous

• Why are you married??
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 10:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• You can love someone and not like them. Every man I've ever shared my heart with has a piece of it still, but my husband has my love, respect and me. Don't dwell on the past, let it go. I'm sure he has.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I never fell in love with the guy i lost my virginity to but a few a little over a year later i met a guy and fell head over heels in love with him thats been 6 years ago and i still deep in my heart love him you always love your first love they took a special place in your heart that noone can take away from them
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:09 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Move on!!!!!! You've got something great right in front of you! You gave away a piece of yourself when you let that first one take something very precious from you. But it's time to move on and take care of what's right there right now! Good luck. If you can't move beyond it try some marriage and solo counseling!
    Anonymous

• I have never had that problem the man Im marrying was my first, but seriously if hes going to treat you like your nothing then you do need to move on, you shouldnt be married if your having thoughts for someone else. Thats not fair to your hubby
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 12:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Everyone has a special attachment to their first and it just sounds like you never got over yours. Truth be told I never got over mine. I spent years with other boyfriends trying to forget him and I couldn't. I'm married to him now. I don't know what to tell you other than you sound like you need to finally move on. I don't know that you ever did that.
    airmanswife1006

Answer by airmanswife1006 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• im still madly in love with the first man i've ever loved (i didnt lose my virginity to him though) and its just something i know i have to deal with. im sure in time i will get over it
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:41 AM on Jan. 7, 2009