can i take chewable vitamin C from GNC? im 20 weeks pregnant! and i have a reallt bad cold and coughing :(

maryfer

Asked by maryfer at 10:43 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not sure but I don't think vitamin C is going to do much at this point. I think it's better to take before hand. I would recommend chicken soup, lots of juice ( vitamin c is in those so you can skip the meds). Also eating lots of fruits and green veggies are another way of getting vitamin C.

I really think it would be un-necessary to take extra vitamin C, since also your prenatal will have probably 100% in it. So just stick to the juices and fruits.

My OB told me I could take any of the tylenol products, including the cold medicine ones. Also if you can find out if vicks vapor rub is ok ( probably is) I swear putting it on your feet and then putting socks over this for bedtime works for coughs. I didn't believe it, but it worked for my son. I am a believer now...LOL..
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 10:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Call your doctor and tell them that you are sick. There are medications that are safe to take during pregnancy. Coughing can be painful to you, and if your cold is really bad, it should be treated by your doctor. Please don't be afraid to call the doctor, they expect it. They can't help you if they don't know you are in need. Good luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i dont know since im not a doctor.
    you should ask one though.
    Anonymous

• Your prenatal vitamins should have the daily dosage you are allowed of all types of vitamins. Call your doctor and see what they suggest. If you really want Vit C try some OJ or eat oranges, but if you are already sick, then it probably won't do any good.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2009