What makes you feel validated?

For me, it's when DH and the kids let me know they appreciate me without realizing it. Just sweet little things they do without thought that lets me know what I do every day matters. What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In my personal life when my sons will mention some policy that they have with their children and remark that NOW they understand why I had that policy.
    In my professional life, when a student comes up to tell me that his or her shoulder, or hip, or back, etc. used to hurt or was stiff and since taking my classes it isn't any more. Just today a student said that in the three weeks that there was no class because of session break (senior exercise) her back has started aching again. Then there is the social side, I see people who come in to exercise, and by the end of the session they have a group of friends in the other students.

Answer by Bmat at 10:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I feel validated as a mother every time I see my children smile or laughing. I feel validated as a wife when my husband actually makes a decision based on advice that I have given him. I'm always complaining he doesn't like listen to me and it feels good to know once and a while he really does.
    zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 11:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• i must be tired...i read your post to say '...violated.' wow-i couldn't imagine how to answer, and keep it just for fun! lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:33 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• That is a good question. Kids make me feel validated. Mine are teens now and very much into their own world, so I'd have to say I haven't felt validated in that way in a long time. I would like to work with kids again.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:39 PM on Jan. 5, 2009