Books for 7 Year Old Boy

My son has just discovered a love of reading and I need to find some books that he will enjoy. He got a Captain Underpants book for Christmas, which he loves because it has a bunch of "gross" stuff! So I am looking for other types of books that are similar. Most books like that are for girls, like all the Judy Blume books. They need to be at least 100 pages or so. Any suggestions?

TanyaR1024

Asked by TanyaR1024 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• goosebumps by rl stein, a series of unfortunate events
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 11:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Hot Dog and Bob series
    Andrew Lost series
    Cowdog Hank series
    cam.i.am

Answer by cam.i.am at 12:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Nate the Great series and The Magic Tree House series are good.
    Tappy

Answer by Tappy at 12:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My son is 8 and at about the same reading level and he also loves Captain Underpants. He also likes the Magic Treehouse series, the Flat Stanley books, and a Scholastic series called the Secrets of Droon which is the same kind of premise as the Narnia books but for younger readers. He also really enjoys Choose Your Own Adventure books, they also put out a series for younger readers that's good. Chocolate Fever is another good book for kids at this level, it's very funny.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 9:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Boxcar Children
    Anonymous

• Magic tree house is so great.. my son did capt. underpants.. of also check out pokemon books.. if he likes that stuff.. we tried boxcar children but he couldnt get into it.. I love magic tree house too... now he just likes to go to the library and pick his own.. hes eight now
    melissadewitt01

Answer by melissadewitt01 at 12:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Thanks for all the recommendations! I think we need to take a trip to the library this weekend. Keep 'em coming!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My sons fav was a book called the hatchet...sounds scary but it is not..about a boy and his dad in a plane crash and how they survive..I think it is a trilogy..check them out. He loved Goosebumps too. Get him mag subscriptions too...national geographic for kids or even nickelodian has a mag you can get sent to your home.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing - Judy Blume
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• http://tiny.cc/shzkm

Great book for 9-12...you boy could relate because of a younger brother in the story. Fits right in now with the dinosaur craze and Sue at the Field Museum.
    Anonymous