I was raped and I'm not sure who the father is.

I was raped and I'm not sure who the father is. The doctor said I was 6 weeks pregnant around Memorial Day weekend and that my baby was due January 20, 2008, but the baby came January 14th. Could the date be wrong? She also said that I conceived around the 24th of April. The fact is I don’t remember being intimate with anyone around the time they say I conceived. Well I was raped on 3rd of May. Is it possible that it is my boyfriends or the rapist child? My cycle is 28-day menstrual cycle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is hard to tell with the dates. You can get a cheap paternity test done for $150 through Idenigene.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• First of all i just wanna say that your ? almost made me cry :( im so sorry that that happened to you! Did they get the guy who did that to you? And i agree with MommyMel03. If you wanna kno for sure whos it is..go get the DNA test. Best of luck hun!!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 12:39 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think that the test is what you need. IT is possable that you have wrong dates. also you said you do not remember being intamate, does this mean you still could have?
    bluesubaru

Answer by bluesubaru at 1:00 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It's tough.. you can defetnally do the DNA test, and it'll be your best bet. A date isn't going to clear it for you, just confuse you more. The baby could have been born between week 36 and 40 if he/she was in perfect health, it'll never be for certain. Those weeks can mean a big difference. The paternity test is your best bet. You can even buy them online and send them in, and they'll mail in the results to you; greatfully enough this results are also good to use in court (just in case). They're $99 for up to 3 testers, you can google it, is the one they use at the Maury Show.
    Little_Maria

Answer by Little_Maria at 1:02 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes, you >could< get a paternity test. But... how would you handle the situation if it turns out it's not your boyfriend's baby? The only reason you need to know if it's his or not should be for health-history reasons. If your boyfriend is willing to step up and claim the baby as his, it shouldn't matter biologically if it is or not.
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 1:23 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't test to be honest. If you and your boyfriend can convince yourself this child was conceived in love, you will probably have a great relationship. However, with the consideration that this child may not be your boyfriend's, you may treat him differently knowing. Can you handle it emotionally if you learn bad news? The child shouldn't suffer because his dad could potentially be a criminal. However, I am so sorry for your problem. I have a friend that went through this as the child, so if you want her story, I can share it with you.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'm sorry you are going thru this.But If a man raped me, he would not be near the baby.Even if it is his.i'd rather be poor.But your boyfriend might be a good guy and love the child as his, even if it isn't his bio child.I'd pray about it.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:15 PM on Jul. 16, 2008