Do you think that it is appropriate for an 11 year old girl to wear Victoria's Secret?

I ask this question before without specifics.My daughter's friend told her that she wore Victoria's Secret panties and bras.(My daughter is 12 and the friend is 11.)The mother and I are also friends, so I ask her about it. She said that it was true.I don't think that it is ok. First of all, the child stuffs her bra and her mom knows it. I haven't found a way to tell her that her daughter told my daughter that her mom let her stuff her bra. Now she is bragging to my daughter that she is wearing the VS. I looked online and I don't see anything appropriate for my daughter to wear. Let's not forget the expense. I know that it is her business, but she made it mine when her daughter is flaunting it to my daughter because she knows that I wouldn't let her wear this stuff. I looked today and a lot of my daughters friends have myspace.I told her she had to be 18 before she had one. So am I being too strict?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I personally do not see anything wrong with VS "Pink" collection. Some of the panties are racy, but they have some that are appropriate. As far as myspace..yeah I think that is a bit strict. I think they can have the accounts, but YOU should have access and passwords at all times to monitor her..maybe around 15 or so.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I don't think an 11 year old needs to be wearing Victoria's Secret. I mean, they do have some more simple cotton bras and matching panties, but I wouldn't buy them for my daughter. I don't allow my 11 year old daughter or my 13 1/2 year old son have a myspace account either. I monitor their online activities closely. I don't think you're too strict at all. You have to protect your kids!
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 11:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I do not think you are being to strict. I am 28 years old with a 6 month old daughter and it scares the hell out of me the things that will be out there when she gets older. I wear VS panties but I didn't start wearing them till I was around the age of 17. As far as myspace goes there are so seriously creepy people out there. I wouldn't let her be on there either. I totally agree with you and think you are doing a great job with your daughter. She will thank you someday... not anytime soon but someday!!!
    MommytoBe987

Answer by MommytoBe987 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If your daughter has the boob of it yeah.( not in a dirty way!) Like in the she is pretty developed already and it would be a good investment. I wouldn't let my daughter wear the thongs but the bras yes. Only cause they are really good. Last a good long time, and the PINK stuff.
    Anonymous

• I am pretty relaxed on a lot of issues with my girls (we have 4 girls) but that is not something that would fly with me. I understand girls hitting puberty and getting to buy their first bra and that being exciting but nothing too sexy or expensive. i would rather address self esteem with my kids as opposed to condoning them stuffing their bra. I want them to proud of what they have or don't have and not worry about things like stuffing their bra at age 11 or 12.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 11:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree with PP. The Pink collection is not too risque. I wouldnt want her to be wearing lingerie or anything. And as far as MySpace goes...I dont think there is anything wrong with it. She/you can set the account to private and make the people that request her friendship type her last name in the box (this way...they actually have to KNOW her to become her friend)
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 11:08 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I think Victoria Secrete is JUST a brand. You can buy sexy underwear and bras anywhere. Some brands are just more expensive then others. Thats just the way I see it. Its just a brand....
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 11:10 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I have a few VS "Pink" panties that are kind of like boy shorts. I find them very comfy. They're not racy at all. However I really don't think I'd shop there for my 11 year old. It's a little much and not just because I think it's inappropriate. Girl's that age should be idolizing Hannah Montana or something not VS Angels. And as for MySpace, I believe you have to be 13 to have an account to begin with so I think your daughter would be too young now. As far as making her wait until 18..that's a little strict but with all that's going on with that site these days I understand that you'd be concerned...I would too! I do believe in monitoring it though. I'd say wait until 14 and if you let her have one, just make sure you know exactly what she's doing on there! Passwords and all.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• when i think of VC i think of sex. why should an 11 year old girl be wearing VC? the only rason to wear it is to feel sexy. im not letting my daughter wear it til she has her own job and can afford it herself.
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 11:15 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I personally do NOT think that it is appropriate. I think we need to make our daughters feel pretty, but not sexual at this age. There are plenty of age appropriate undergarments available to make her feel like she is becoming a lady without the stigma that is associated with the other lingerie that is available at Victorias Secret. I think we need to save some things for older ages to keep their eyes innocent. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2009