I fell and feeling...

Almost 37 wks. I was checked today and the OB said I am very close, anyday. Which I hate when they say that. He was in hurry today, had emergency. I was feeling fine, until I was carrying my 11 month old and tripped and fell on my side/bottom. Now my whole vaginal area burns/aches, and feel like something wants to pop. May just pulled muscle, or bumped her lower. I also now have bad back and lower abdominal pain, and hurts to walk. Not contractions. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call the emergency phone number to the doctor and tell them what happened. This way, if something happens quickly, they will be ready for you. IF nothing happens, that is better of course, but this way you have made them aware. They have emergency numbers for a reason and you are just as important as the emergency he attended to today. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:01 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I would check with the doc, you never know, my mother broke her tail bone with a simple fall before. If it is hurting pretty bad (like it sounds like you are), it is better be safe then sorry.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• If you are that late in pregnnacy and you fell, you need to get checked out. Most likely everything will be ok, but anything could have happened. it is best and safest to get checked out. I would go to L&D if I were you. There is no sense in possibly risking the health of your baby when you can go and get checked to make sure.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I agree. You should go to L n D to get checked. You should always be safer then sorry when your that far along. You could have caused yourself to start labor. Even if your not actualy having contractions.
    Anonymous