38 weeks 2 days

im 38 weeks and 2 days. im in so much pain. every time i walk it fill like some one is pulling my hip bones. i went to the hospital last thurday night with the worse pain in my life they checked me i wasent dilated but they could fill the babys head. the pain and incresed every day since thurday its all i can do not to cry. i havent been able to sleep in 3 days because of the pain..i have a doc app tmr. im scared if i tell my doc about the pain ieve been in he'll just think im acting like a kid. is there any thing i can say to my doc to get him to help with the pain or anything i just want this baby out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just be honest with your doctor. If you think they will dismiss your feelings and pain then maybe you should think about getting another doctor if you ever get pregnant again. I can not imagine ever feeling like I couldn't be honest with my doctor. Tell them what you are feeling and go from there.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• He will believe you. If they could feel the baby's head it probably means the baby has dropped and putting pressure on your pelvic bone. That is part of pregnancy, I would ask him about induction if you are in that much pain.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:05 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• What you are experiencing is common in those last days. TRY TRY TRY to sleep. Tell the doctor that you are NOT sleeping. Sometimes they will give you a mild sedative to help you sleep, so that you are not so exhausted during delivery. The most important thing that you have to do is to take care of YOU right now. Your doctor, if he is good, won't dismiss your complaints. He hears the same thing from many ladies at the same situation you are in. Honestly, after having 4 kids, I can tell you that you are going to have that baby really soon. Take care of yourself!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:06 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Just be honest. And yes, make sure your doctor knows that the pain is so bad that you can't sleep. And if you truly haven't slept, have someone drive you. Driving while sleepy is just as bad as driving drunk.
    Hand in there! You're almost through!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I am exactly where you are!!! Im in so much pain with my hips and i have a bone chip down by my tailbone that KILLS me when im this pregnant!! Iv been having labor pains since friday and they sent me home telling me to sleep and not to come in cause they will just send me home again!!! My Dr is very hard to talk to he cares about baby being in there til 40 weeks not mommy going crazy!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• am exactly where you are!!! Im in so much pain with my hips and i have a bone chip down by my tailbone that KILLS me when im this pregnant!! Iv been having labor pains since friday and they sent me home telling me to sleep and not to come in cause they will just send me home again!!! My Dr is very hard to talk to he cares about baby being in there til 40 weeks not mommy going crazy!!!

ME TOO!!!!!!!SAME THING
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:46 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• This is not the time to worry about what your doctor thinks of you. If youu're in that much pain, he or she needs to know about it. If s/he tells you that everything is normal, then you'll know that you're one of the unlucky ones who gets really uncomfortable at the end.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009