Target or Walmart??? Where do you prefer to shop?

I love Target, but recently moved 40 mins away. There is something about Target that makes you wanna stay and browse and overspend. lol. There is a Super Walmart in town, which I like, but I do love and miss Tar jay!!

GIswife

Asked by GIswife at 11:11 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Shopping

• I LOVE Target...but for most things it is WAY too expensive. I dont think I could live without Walmart!
    GraciesMomLJP

Answer by GraciesMomLJP at 11:13 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Target but they are way over priced.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Can I prefer both at once? LOL. Target always seemed to be a little cleaner (depending on where you are of course) and I LOVE that they have Starbucks in there. But to be quite honest with you, i've noticed on most items, the prices are the same. Unless your online of course then WalMart is #1 since they have the site to store thing. And the grocery part is super awesome. So I guess it depends on what I'm getting when I need to shop. Coffee and clothes for sure at Target and more food type items at WalMart.
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Wal Mart. It's cheaper and I think they have a much better variety. When it comes to baby clothes though, I prefer Target! They have some really cute stuff from their "Circo" brand.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• "...clothes for sure at Target and more food type items at WalMart." I am with you KrystleShaw2007. This Super Walmart is the nicest and cleanest Walmart ever!! So I am not too bumbed.
    GIswife

Answer by GIswife at 11:18 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Walmart is my place, but when it came to buying my baby stuff I loved Target!
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:19 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Walmart:)
    Anonymous

• Target has some really great deals, sometimes. I like to go there periodically. I get a lot of the kids gifts there and sometimes there are some unbeatable finds. However, I mostly shop at Wal-Mart. It is closer to me and I think that the prices are generally better than Targets. But I will say the quality of clothing and shoes are much much better at Target.
    md_1015

Answer by md_1015 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• ugh... i detest walmart with every inch of my body. my hubby wishes i liked target a little less. :)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I'm boycotting Wal Mart. It's hard, but I managed to get through this Christmas without going there. Mind you, this boycott has been going on for about 6 years and I am just starting to stick with it. As for the food, I would go there to grocery shop and end up spending twice as much because I have no self control!
    I love Target. You can find unique toys there and the clothes are way cuter. They always have the latest trends and I don't think they are really more expensive. Maybe a little, but worth it.
    I get my food stuff from the local grocery store now. Just put food in front of me.... no temptations! :)
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009