baby weight

is it a lot harder to lose baby weight then regular weight?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I gained 19 lbs with my pregnancy and dropped 30 within a month of having my son. I think the fact that I was pumping helped and they say breastfeeding really can help drop the weight. I hate to say it, but I gained that extra 10 lbs back within the 1st year.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I gained 50 lbs and lost all but 5 within 2 weeks. So my answer is yes.
    Anonymous

• with my son I dropped 40lbs the day I had him with my daughter i am still trying to lose the weight and she is a yr old.
    Anonymous

• I gained 50 pounds and came home with almost all of it, even though I'd had a nine pound baby (I swelled up a LOT after delivery). I lost ten when the swelling went down, another ten once my milk came in and he started nursing a lot (so it took about two weeks to lose the first 20). I leveled off for awhile, and then dropped another ten, then a few weeks later another ten. It seemed like it happened pretty suddenly when I lost it. I lost five a week ago, and have five left. (I was hoping to keep ten.) I have not exercised at ALL, nor have I dieted. I attribute the weight loss to breastfeeding and my fast metabolism. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• if this is your first, you'll drop it in no time..i dropped mine in 6 weeks..w my 2nd it took me almost 2 years
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• oh and yes, breastfeeding helps you lose weight
    tnteaton