How can i tell if im having a boy or a girl?

The heart beat is 147, but im carrying low, havent had any morning sickness, craving salty things, my hair is not growing any faster than normal, and im having horrible heartburn.

babyangel123098

Asked by babyangel123098 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you are a perfect mixture of me and my best friend when we were preg.. she had a girl, i had a boy. there is NO way to tell besides an U/S...
    Anonymous

• the heart burn usually means the baby will have alot of hair when he/she is born i know i carried high with my son and low with my daughter but that dont mean anything
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• and then it could still be wrong.
    Anonymous

• well i wish it could be that easy to know what your having but of course its not theres no way of knowing until you get a u/s and see it, yah im going thr the same thing right now im bout to go crazy im 16w 2d i go wed and hoping for a u/s but yah i like to do all the quizzes on line and stuff but its all just for fun it dosent really mean anything.
    lmholder06

Answer by lmholder06 at 11:56 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• The heartbeat thing is not reliable at all! I had to have NST's with my son twice a week from 27 weeks until delivery and on any given day when I was hooked up to the monitors, his heartrate would range between 119 and 170. It just depended on if he was sleeping or being active at the time. When he would kick and move, his heartrate would shoot up and then when he calmed down and was resting, it went low. The best way is to have an ultrasound and see what that shows and even it is not always 100%.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i had an u/s at 18.5 weeks and it was a girl... i had another u/s4 weeks later and it was a boy!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well you sound alot like me, I am carrying low, HB is around 142, & heartburn. My ultrasound tech. said that i'm havin a girl & seeing as how i couldnt tell what was what on the U/S, i'm not 100% convinced it's a girl. But I'm sure they know what to look for. All I can tell you is the first ANON. answer is right, no way to tell besides an U/S.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Heartburn due to a lot of hair is an old wives tale and completely illogical. Your growing uterus pushes on your stomach and all your internal organs and that is why women have heartburn. My friend had tons of heartburn and her baby was as bald as could be, I had tons of heartburn (then again, I have GERD) and my daughter was born with hair almost 2 inches long.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You can't tell from the outside, that's all wive's tales! The only way to know for sure (besides looking after birth) is by having an amnio done, though they're usually pretty accurate with ultrasounds. My baby's heartbeat was usually in the 160's, supposedly where a girl's often is, and I had a bouncing baby boy!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• heartburn and hair have nothing to do with one another.even with n ultrasound, it is not 100% accurate you will not know FOR SURE until birth.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2009