How many days do you have to stay in the hospital after delivery? vaginal or c-section

Zoeybug

Asked by Zoeybug at 11:52 PM on Jan. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was discharged almost immediately following the birth... I really did not need postpartum care, and my daughter had to be put on life support called ECMO due to having been born septic. My midwife and the hospital staff both agreed that it would be best for me to accompany her. I recovered beautifully from the birth as well. It depends on the woman, and it depends on the hospital. I personally don't believe the majority of births should take place in a hospital, and am even more regretful that mine did, because the bacterial infection she caught was acquired in the hospital. Expect to stay at least a day for vaginal and at least three days for a cesarean, unless anything terrible happens, as it did in my case. I wish you an easy, uncomplicated birth, and a healthy baby : )
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 3:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I stayed 2-3 days. vaginal, no complications.
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Vag normally 24hrs-48hrs
    C Sect normally 72hrs-96hrs (3-4 days)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• the baby has to stay 48 hours form the time of birth...so they usually keep you for at least that long.. i think for a c-section it just depends on how you and the baby are doing. if, after 48 hours, you are both doing great you go home.if not they will keep you both for another 24 hours.( that's how it is here)
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 11:54 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Me and my sister have to stay for 3-4 days we have sections.
    My mom and sister had their babies and went home the next morning they had theirs vaginally.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I had my little boy via planned c-section at lunchtime on a Thursday and I was at home at lunchtime the following Saturday. All hospitals and doctors are different though and it depends on how you are after delivery and how the baby is.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I got outta there as soooooon as they would let me! LOL

2 days with my first C-section
    1 day with my second C-section

Didn't ya know....Hospitals are for sick people...! LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:58 PM on Jan. 5, 2009

• 4 days for c-section. 3 of those days in bed and couldn't move : (
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 12:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Vaginal, and I stayed for 2 days.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• 4 days for a c-section-the only reason being was we (me and baby) had slight fevers they wanted to watch. I could move fine after 24hrs though-but it takes a lot to keep me down-lol!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2009