Severe Constipation at 35 weeks...I need something that works that is SAFE!

I've lost my OTC Med list from my doctor when we moved houses. I know for sure it said that Dulcolax was safe but that is NOT working at all.

I read on a couple of pregnancy sites that enema's are considered safe in late pregnancy. Are all enemas the same or are their different kinds? What kinds are safe?

Is there anything else I can use that is safe?

I drink TONS of water and eat lots of fresh produce but I'm still getting constipated BADLY.

I have an OB appointment Thursday and I hate to call before then. I will if I can't go by tomorrow but I REALLY want some relief!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Oct. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Prunes or prune juice.

Answer by gemgem at 4:53 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Oh I didn't think about that! Good idea! Thanks! I'll get some tonight.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Try a glycerine suppository...not quite as drastic as a full-on enema, but same idea. They've always worked pretty well for me.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 4:56 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Even better than prune juice is black cherry juice...preferably organic and 100% juice from concentrate. You can get it from wal mart etc, that will clear you out FAST. I'm talking within an hour or two of drinking a couple glasses. It also tastes much better.
    layawatling

Answer by layawatling at 4:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Yogi get regular tea within a couple hours you will be best friend with the toilet so don't go to far from one lol the sell it at regular supermarkets and walmart in the tea isle..
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Have you tried just a cup of coffee. There is no stimulant in the things you can take while you're pregnant, which is why they don't work. They say up to 2 cups of coffee a day is fine, so I would try that.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:17 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Also Miralax, which is a tasteless powder that you put in water, tea or whatever you like to drink, will work. Hope you feel better :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• I drank prune juice! It's a miracle!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• I used flax seed when I was pregnant with DD, also used a fiber that you add to a drink (Benefiber I think).
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:41 PM on Oct. 24, 2011