Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I will be turning 32 this febuary 9th and would like to change or get a different waredrobe.

i would like to go from lookn like im a teenager to im a mother n wife but not im a old lady so anyone have any suggestions and i am plus size but am currently shedding pounds so i plan to be a couple of pounds lighter when i come shoppn

Answer Question

Asked by BigMA at 12:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Layne Bryant.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Wherever you shop, look for pieces that can be interchangeable. A shirt that you can wear with pants, skirt, casual or business will go further than an "outfit" picked one at a time. Buy a lot of neutrals and then pair them up with bright accessories. Some pant suggestions, black, houndstooth, grays, (I try to stay away from khaki), brown, etc. Buy a couple of really nice fitting jeans (don't settle and only buy a couple so you will want to wear your other items). Not everything has to be button down shirts. Don't forget jackets and sweaters can help change your outfit.

    Good luck!!!

    Answer by babybees2 at 3:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • I love Maurices and they carry plus sizes now. I like them because they will usually help you put outfits together if you ask and they will bring jewelry to you in the dressing room. Its not to $12 for a necklace, $26 for shirts. see if you have one near you.

    Answer by ria7 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • CATO!!! Love it!!!!!!!
    Virtual Makeover

    Answer by heavenschild99 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Go to KOHL'S. They have fashionable pieces at great prices.

    Answer by BloomingJen at 7:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.