Low progesterone and TTC

Was wondering if anyone has experience with low progesterone and what treatments they used. Mine was 7.7 on day 19 of cycle and TTC. My doctor called today to tell me and wants me to come back on day 21 of my next cycle. I was not excited to hear this because I already knew I had endometrisosis and I feel like I now have 2 things working against our efforts to make a family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Low progesterone is an easy fix. If it is not really low then most of the time you can take a pill form from the day you ovulate until you either get your period or get a positive test. if you are pregnant then you will need to take the supplement until you are about 12 weeks. Some women need the suppository form. (I used it during one of my pregnnacies.) And other women have to have the shot form, but that is not very common.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• They should give you progesterone suppositoried. I have low progesterone and I have had 1 miscarriage and 2 chemical pregnancies because of it!
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I understand where you are coming from. I was dealing with unexplained fertility when we discovered I also had low progesterone. I ended up losing one pregnancy because my progesterone levels dropped too soon in my cycle, and I was using the progesterone suppositories. The next time I moved to the progesterone shots very early and my pregnancy was sucessful. I know it is disappointing to find out that something else is wrong, but knowing in advance can lessen your chances of losing a pregnancy. With low progesterone, your doctor will likely prescribe some kind of progesterone for you to take and monitor your levels fairly often. Good luck.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009