How did you get pregnant?

I know "how" you got pregnant but I was wondering what days you did it and what techniques and everything. I had a miscarriage 7 months ago and still havent been able to get pregnant. I dont want to resort to the doctor just yet. But its coming soon and I rather not have to do that. So is there anything special I need to know?

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm no help, I've got 3 kids and all were "surprises"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Most women are fertile 2 weeks from their last period. TMI coming up: you'll get really thick mucusy discharge, which helps the little spermies swim up :) That's what I've read anyways, mine were welcome surprises as well. Baby dust heading your way!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have been pregnant 4 times. 3 ended in miscarriage. (I am very sorry for your loss BTW) With my first, we got pregnant within 2 months of trying. I lost that baby and then did not have a period for 9 months. I was not ovulating and I knew this because I was temping and charting on fertilityfriend.com. I saw my doctor and was put on metformin for suspected PCOS. I got pregnant a month later. I lost that baby and then did not get pregnant for 6 months and that was only after doing my first round of Clomid.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• CONT
    I lost that baby, had to see a reproductive endocrinologist for recurrent pregnancy loss and he figured out my issues. I had a uterine septum, a blood clotting disorder and a cervical infection. Had surgery to remove the septum, took antiobiotics to clear up the infection and was given Clomid again. I got pregnant within 2 months and had to take Heparin shots for my clotting disorder. It was a very long, painful and frustrating road, but my little boy is now 2 1/2 and as perfect as can be.
    AlliO2

• I am no help either. I went several years with never using any sort of birth control and I never got pregnant. I started taking the pill for a medical condition and three months later I was pregnant.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Have you ever taken birth control? I honestly think that's what did it for me...I know that sounds dumb, but let me explain, lol. My fiance (bf at the time) and I had been having unprotected sex for about 3years before I was put on BC (stupid I know, but we were young and in love, lol) I was on it for about...4 months or so, and then was off for about 5-6wks (long story) and within those 5-6wks I got pregnant, but didn't know it before I started my BC again...but thank god I only took it for a month before we found out....
    may not be the answer you're looking for, but that's how I got pregnant.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• girlneffy....I think we have something in common, lol
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'd buy an ovulation kit to find out when your fertile days are, since everyone's are different. It's a simple pee test that will let you know when you're ovulating. They're not very expensive.

I think relaxing is super important, too. Our son was conceived on a night that I surprised my husband by waking up on top of him, lol! We'd been trying for a few months, but it was when I decided to just have some fun that it all came together. :) Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Birth Control has a tendency to make my family overweight. My sister was 120 before the birth control and got up to 160 within 3 months. Same thing happened with my mom. And now they cant lose that weight. But Im thinking I might need a round of clomid.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• carliemarie... we should start up a fertility clinic!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2009