Is there a reason that you have the number of kids you have?

I hoped for three kids years ago 'to break my family's curse'. Between my father and mother's familiess, my parents and their siblings each have two kids per couple. I used to think it was odd when I was little that some friends had lots of cousins in an aunt or uncle's family but my family each one only had two. It was like there was a fertility cop on duty or something. I swore I'd break that course, I did-I have three kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I am more than happy with my 2 kids - 1 boy and one girl. IDK my family growing up, my aunt and uncles each had 2 kids, a boy & a girl, my mom had a boy and a girl. I guess I just grew up thinking that's how families were supposed to be. You saw it as a curse and it's what I wanted :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• 2 KIDS Because:

I like even numbers.
    I didn't want a 3rd kid to be left out at amusement parks on two seater rides.
    I didn't want to buy a mini van
    I have two arms and could only snatch two kids at a time
    I wanted them to always have a buddy and a 3rd kid would be a wrench in the wheel
    I wanted to be able to find a baby sitter and 3 kids just scare some people
    I wanted to use bunkbeds
    I wanted my kids to grow up and play ping pong together, no room for a 3rd player
    I can only say two names really fast when really mad and in a hurry
    I wanted to take advantage of the buy one get one free sales without a 3rd kid being shoeless

Should I go on? Or is this enough? :-) lol
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was the 3rd kid and was always left out. Thats why I had 4. 1 is boring and 2 is a piece of cake when they are spaced 3 0r more years apart, IMO. It all has to do with your level of tolerence. Heck if I had a better husband who made good money I'd have 2 more!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have 1 child dh and i tried for so long to have another baby and couldnt and now were having problems in the relationship and i dont think it would be fair to bring a child into this world with us fighting hopefully one of these years ill have my 2nd and mostlikely last child
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• hahah southern charms cracks me up!!! I wanted four but now that I have 1 I want two for her same reasons!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have 3 simply because I never wanted any of them to want or need anything that I couldn't give them. I love to spoil them. If I was rich enough I'd probably have 8.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i have 2 boys and when my stepson visits the 3 of them get along really well, they play and share things, we do things as a group. no one ever gets left out. at some point id like to try for a girl but if i have another boy thats fine too. im already outnumbered what difference would another make

i agree with chrissy629, if could pull it off id have a few more
    learae

Answer by learae at 8:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009