Do you believe some things are unforgivable?

Even if the person says they're sorry, do you think they aren't sincere?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 9:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes. Absolutely. Do you want a list? It's a long one...
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 9:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Yes, but it depends on the offense.

Some things which should be left behind are given too much power at times.

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Well if it's a big thing like you killed someone and you're sorry then no. that's not unforgivable. But other than that I think it depends what you did. For example...for an abuser I don't consider that unforgivable. If he said sorry for the way he treated you I wouldn't forgive him. If he truly changed and never put a hand on you EVER AGAIN then maybe I would consider it. Depends what you're talking about........
    HisMommy4Ever

Answer by HisMommy4Ever at 9:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• I'm 50 years old but there has been only one transgression against me in all those years that I haven't forgiven. But yes, that one thing is completely unforgivable.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 9:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• The top of my list is abuse of a child, physical, metal, sexual, etc.
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• *mental
    SweetLoveofMine

• Yep sure do.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• Yup. I wont accept being abused. That is something I have dealt with in my early adult life. Even though he always said sorry, I lost the secure feeling and knew hed keep doing it. My bf now had scared th crap out of me when we started dating. He got mad(not at me or the kids just at the project he was working on) and yelled and threw something. I didnt know what to do so I sat there and I guess I looked terrified. He felt bad. He hasnt let any anger slip and he rarely is stern with me either.
    I also wont forgive things done while drunk. I dont drink and stay away from those who do b/c its just gross to me and I know a lot of bad things have been said and done so I dont tolerate that.
    AngelicDevil80

Answer by AngelicDevil80 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• yes
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:52 PM on Oct. 24, 2011

• I like to think there is nothing we shouldn't be able to forgive eachother for, however we are all human and it's often easier said that done, I will try to forgive most things as I dont want to carry the negative forward with me, however I don't see forgiving as condoning or accepting it and just because you may forgive something horrific doesn't mean you must stay in the situation or around the person that caused the problem
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 24, 2011