How much is too much to spend on baby bedding?

How can polyester fill bedding be five hundred dollars, lol? I am getting ready to spend $300.00 for a Glenna Jean McKenzie crib set. I don't think this is too much money, but some of my friends and family members are flabbergasted that I am going to spend that much. I just want my 13 month old to have a decent bedding set that will last them a year or two.

2-1CavWife

Asked by 2-1CavWife at 12:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got a 200 dollar toddler bed set on Ebay ( NEW) for under 50 bucks. If that is the one you REALLY like I say go for it, if you can afford it. Shop around though, Sometimes discount stores offer the same bedding as those higher priced stores. I think everyone over does it when it comes to thier kids from time to time lol. Thats ok, as long as it wont hurt your bank!! :) Dont let anyone discourage you from doing it either!!
    Mother2oneboy

Answer by Mother2oneboy at 9:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you're just paying for the name on it sweetie! seriously! I sew and it cost me under $20 to make an ENTIRE nursery full of nice matching stuff. and it's withstood 2 1/2 years so far.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If you go with the cheap stuff..you'll probably end up spending more replacing it when it tears or gets stained. If you go with the good stuff it is much more likely to last you. Kids are hard on bedding...I would spend the extra dollars! =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Seriously, I bought a whole bedding set and have used nothing but the sheet that came with it. I had the bumper pads on till he started rolling and then got freaked out that he would roll into them and smother. I never used the comforter thing at all and I don't even know where it is now! I thought I had to have the set to make his room look complete, but I am so glad that I didnn't spend over $40 on it cause it has pretty much been a waste of money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with Anon 11:49. I didn't use the bumpers, because I thought my baby would suffocate. I never used the comforter either. IMO it is a waste of money, but hey if you have the money to spend then by all means get what you like:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yep, if you got the $$, by all means spend it! I've always heard not to put the thick blankets in bed with babies because it could suffocate them, but you could put it away for the toddler bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• That is really too much money. You can find just as nice more affordable stuff... especially for that age of a child that it probably won't stay that nice for very long. I would wait until she is much older to spend that kind of money on bedding.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Try Ebay. I got a REALLY expensive BRAND NEW 7 piece bedding set for $40! Some companies just have over stock and they start the bid really low.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think bedding is waaaaaay over rated. My dd uses flannel sheets (about $10 a sheet) and a nice baby/toddler blanket. Once she was old enough to stand, we got rid of the bumper pad (which was needed before as dd would get her arms stuck in the crib rails and freak out). THe comforter for the crib set is in the closet. It is way to thick for a baby or toddler. Maybe when she's a little older she can use it.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2009