do you think its possible to find love online?

if the people live miles apart in other states?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes it is possible I met my husband of 12yrs on line in a chat room. He was in FL and I was in TX. We chatted and became friends, then it grew to phone conversations. One day when he didn't call I became worried, little did I know he was on a flight to see me. We spent 1 weekend together and 5mths later we moved in together. Eight months later we were married and 9 mnths later we were parents. I forgot to mention that he also took on my son tha was 6 at that time and has raised him as his own ( absent military dad). I think on line relationships are really a luck of the draw, and how deep you search the person before you meet.
    LvScrapn

Answer by LvScrapn at 11:22 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I suppose anything is possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• eh Im not big on long distance relationships because you really DONT know that person
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 1:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Love has no borders.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• YES and I am living proof!!!! My DF and I met online, he lived in Michigan and I in Fla. We met in Jan of 03, were engaged that March and I and my son moved to Michigan that May...Here we are 6 years later with a child of our own and one due in March...so yes it can work, its harder than that of a normal relationship, but it really teaches you to communicate with each other without the physical part getting in the way to soon into the relationship.
    mom2boyz

Answer by mom2boyz at 1:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I met my husband online. He is from Ohio, I am in Texas. We met in 1999 or so.. .met in person in 2001.. he moved here in 2005 and we married 2006. I know it can happen :)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes its possible and there is nothing wrong with it. My Best Friend met her husband online in 1999. They have 2 kids and are as happy as can be! There are no bounderies for Love, you can find love anywhere.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I couldn't imagine it. I would keep thinking "what is wrong with this person that they had to find someone online?"
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I dont think I could but maybe others can. I just dont trust people on the net. That is my personal hang up though.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think it could open a door. It gives people a chance to meet that otherwise would never meet. But as far as falling in love with a person from what they write online or just by talking on the phone, I don't think so. You could certainly find out if you have things in common (if they're telling the truth).

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2009