hello everyone? i am due in april i am so scared of going through labor. this is my first child and i dont know what to expect. everyone keeps saying it hurts its like an experiene of no other. someone please help me before i freak out?

jacudra

Asked by jacudra at 12:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I honestly didn't think it was that bad. You will be fine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• no need to freak out it's going to happen either way, and yes it is like no other, but you can get drugs for pain if you so wish, it's always scary, just hang in there, it will be worth it. Maybe get a book about it and read on it or look it up on line, maybe that will relieve some stress. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had to have a planned c-section, so I never experienced labor. I just wanted to say though that you should consider taking a birthing class. That will give you the facts about labor and help you prepare so you know what to expect. Every woman is different and no one's experience is going to be like somebody else's. You will hear nightmare stories and you will hear fairytale stories. I really think a birthing class is the best way to go though. Good luck and try not to worry too much. Remember that thousands of women have a baby each and everyday and everything turns out just fine. You will be fine!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Just remember everyones experience is different. What is painful for one person might not be for another. Just communicate with your doctors, and tell them when it hurts. In all honesty, labor was such a blur, I dont really remember everything other than when that baby is in your arms you dont care about what you just went through.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i had a vaginal delivery. i had an epidural. my brother HATES it when I say this, but pushing out my 5 lbs 6 oz baby felt like a giant bowel movement. It was like taking the biggest poop EVER. I didn't tear down there, I was cut, and getting the stitches for that hurt MORE than pushing out the baby! I SWEAR! I didn't go to birthing classes, the nurses will tell you what you need to do. (at least they told me what to do.) but READ READ READ!!! If you have the option, go to classes, read anything and everything, cause that WILL HELP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My soul it will hurt but the pain memories will fade. Actually pushing feels really good. Or that was my experience with my 3rd without an epidural.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Get educated. Take a birthing class - Lamaze or whatever you choose, tour the hospital or where ever you will be giving birth, take a parenting class if you feel nervous about caring for a newborn. The scariest thing is the unknown. No one can prepare you for what it will feel like, because it's different for everyone. I personally found labour quite painful, at least until I got my epidural, but in most other things have a very high pain threshold. Other women who think of themselves as wimps when it comes to pain have gone through labour with no meds and didn't feel much pain at all. But knowing what is going on with your body and your baby at each stage of labour can help you deal with any pain and fear.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i was super scared and freaking out too, so i took birthing classes and learned lamaze, and when my water broke the morning i went into labor we rushed to the hospital , and then my daughter was born 40 minuets later i didnt even have time for drugs or anything she just slid right out,. now im worried because they say the second one comes out faster and we live 40 minuets from the hospital so i hope shes not born in the truck on the way there, that will be a mess!
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 1:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• get the DRUGS!!!!!! lol thats what I did and honestley I didn't even feel it go in my back it felt like a pinch dont worry you will be fine once you see your baby you will forget about all the pain and just be happy to see it. and lots of moms will say oh dont get the epidural because you dont want your baby to be all druged out but honestly mine wasn't at all neither was my second and they were awake for a long time after and when they went to sleep so did I....you will want your rest after to take a nap let your man watch the baby just do what the doctors say and everything will be ok
    enjoy your baby!
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just wanted to add that it is an experience like no other, but not just in a scary, painful way. There is nothing that will compare to giving birth to your child, especially your first. Good luck!
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2009