how i can help my 2 year baby to be smart

like wha kind of activities and craft things ,books or CD's can help in that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Great Question!
    PBS has wonderful educational programing for toddlers. Reading to your child everyday for 30 minutes can raise a childs IQ. Take a special interest in what the child enjoys and learn with them. Explore and seek out answers together.

This site offers great tips and advice!

http://homeparents.about.com/cs/homeschooling/a/jumpstart.htm

Please remember that Learning can and should be fun!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Reading to a child can really help. Singing ABC's and counting things are things that I do with my son. He is 2 and can count to 5. We count everything and it has caught on with him.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with MommasCooCoo, PBS is a great learning tool!
    AlliO2

• I like noggin thats helped my daughter she can sing the songs to the shows and has learned shapes and numbers she can count all the way to 20 except for some reason she wont say 4 i guess she dont like it
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• At two years, he's not a "baby". Toddlers learn best through play. You can't "make them smart" but you can help them learn!

Label everything!! Building blocks are great...especially the architectual ones! "look at this green triangle" The cube blocks with letters and numbers are good to use as you're building towers..."let's put the yellow B on next"

Label and read...label and read...label and read....

My 2 year old has a severe speech delay, but he can recognize (and say) all of his letters, numbers to 10, recognizes shapes (triangle, rectangle, square, circle, oval, diamond, heart, star, octagon, pentagon, trapezoid, parallelagram and hexagon...freaky, I know but he has an obsession with shapes!) and we're working on colors. (he just canNOT get them straight)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with TiccledBlue.

I personally do not feel that TV or CDs or DVDs will really teach your child. It might, but less so than actually getting down and playing with your baby.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Play with him!! Read him lots of books and do a lot of hand on activties..... puzzles, blocks, anything with colors and that you can count to him. Regardless od how educational TV can be, limit it to an hour or two a day. Spend time outside teaching him all about nature. Those are some of the things my son and I do, he is 20 months and knows several colors can count to three and do ABC's to G. :)
    Mother2oneboy

Answer by Mother2oneboy at 9:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Don't park your kiddo in front of a TV and think that's going to make her smart. Read to her. Talk to her. Interact with her. Narrate what you are doing ("Mommy is washing the green plate." etc.) Take her places and point things out. An interesting fact is that while watching TV you have less brain activity than while you are sleeping.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009