how can you tell when a tooth breaks through the guys

My son is 6 months old and his gums are sore. Wondering how i can tell if his tooth has broken through or what.

XavierLeesmommy

Asked by XavierLeesmommy at 12:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was teething his gums got swollen and a little lump formed right where the tooth was to come out. Then when it cut through, you can see it. It is like a tiny white slit on the gum. And you will be able to feel it.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 1:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• you will be able to feel it if it has broken through.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You will totally see it & feel it. My 6 month old daughter has her two front bottom teeth. She is such an angel! I would have never even known her teeth were coming in because she always still acted happy until one night she was sucking my finger & there were teeth! :)
    WaitingSarah

Answer by WaitingSarah at 5:51 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• First his gums will be white where the tooth is coming through, and may also be red and a touch swollen. He will also be extrememly fussy (my kids were, anyway). I would wash my hands and run my finger throughout my kids' mouths when I thought they were teething. You will definitely feel if there is a tooth about to come through. Teething Tablets work great, keep tylenol handy (and motrin too) and maybe have your baby chew on a otter pop to help with the pain. My daughter teethed until after she was a year old, so the next few months may be frustrating for you. Teething babies are generally no fun, but keep your chin up! It cant last forever!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 1:37 PM on Jul. 17, 2008