pain that feels like a labor contraction after sex..

and SO and i did our thing last night, i got the worst pain in my lower abdomin/pelvic area. i couldn't hardly move, it seriously felt like a labor contraction that lasted at least 20 minutes, maybe more. anyone know what this could be? i'm scared to have sex again because of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• Hmm....Do you have problems with Cysts on your overies?
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had the same problems after I had my dd and I had a HUGE cyst on my ovary. It also happened one time while we were dating and it coulve been the cyst and I didnt know about it yet. Tell your Dr. If its not that then it could be something else... dont be scared to ask them they will take you seriously if they are good drs.. Good Luck!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yea, I was gonna say....the cyst could have ruptured and thats what may be causing you so much pain.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Or it could just be that you had a really strong orgasm, or that you got too close to that and didn't . I know that our uteruses tend to continue contracting even after the initial strength of the orgasm has ended. Maybe that's what was going on, and/or you were just really sensitive at the time and not embracing the continual functioning of your body because it cought you by surprise and became a confusing scary event? Maybe you're in a particular point of your cycle that's got your hormones messed up a bit and is making your muscles and flesh tender. It happens. Our bodies are amazing and weird. Don't assume everything that happens is abnormal. It's just a variation, Get more in contact with yourself and embrace your body. Especially when you are going through natural hormonal events.
    EminenceJae

Answer by EminenceJae at 10:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009