Trouble with Bed Time and Naps

How much sleep should a 2 yr old almost 3 in March be sleeping at night. She is refusing to go to bed. I put her in her room at 8, we have a set routine, and she will play and do whatever she can to keep herself awake.
She will take a nap cause if she does not take one by 6 we are forcing her to stay awake. So I do let her take a nap. I really need help with this. Cause DH is deploying in a month or so and I need to have her on a schedule and sleeping so I can too. I will be the only one here then.

meredith.dusek

Asked by meredith.dusek at 1:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 & 3 yr old nap from 1-3 everyday and they go to bed around 8PM and the 3 yr old gets up between 7:30& 8:30AM and my 2 yr old gets up around 9-9:30AM. We have a set routine everyday especially at night. No TV or wild playing close to bedtime. We do puzzles or color to start quieting down and then read a couple of books in the rocking chair.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have been having the same trouble lately, we have a set schedule, 8pm bedtime too. She takes a nap each day for an hour to hour and a half. My dd will also be three in march as well. Wonder if there is something going on right now, a growth spurt or something else, I dont know. Glad its not just me though going through this. I have kept my dd on a sleeping schedule all this tyime and since 3 weeks ago, she has been all messed up! Drives me bonkers.
    pinkcalla721

Answer by pinkcalla721 at 1:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have been having the same problem with my 2yo (fixing to be 3 in March too!) but my problem is that I have 2 other kids and not everyone is on the same schedule! (4yo & 7mo). ONE of my New Year goals is to have them all on a tight routine by the end of the month! I hope it happens! LOL Good Luck to you. I know I wasnt much help but I just wanted you to know that your not alone!!! :)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• WOW! I am so glad to know that I am not the only Mom with this issuse. See last night she was out by 8:30. Then she got up at 1:30-3 this morning! UGH! Then tonight she played in her room till 10:30.DH had to go in and take out her TV cause she keep turing it on. Then it was meltdown city! It is frustrating.
    meredith.dusek

Answer by meredith.dusek at 2:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2009