Starting day care...

Today was my 16 month old's first day, and everthing seemed to go well! Except that I picked him up and he smelled different! Not bad, but different. I took him home and gave him a bath, so he would smell like my baby again. Isn't that weird? My husband didn't notice anything different. Do you get used to that?

Renee21

Asked by Renee21 at 1:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm very big on sent. I can tell if my husbend went somewhere other than work cause when he works he has a sent on him from it. So no I dont think its weird.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 1:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The same thing happened when my kids were in daycare, it has it's own smell. I didn't mind it though.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Hehe. My dd smells like the day care too. It's just one of those things. When the start school, it'll be the same way. It's no different than going to grandma's and coming home smelling of her house. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes it is like hanging out with someone that smokes if you hang out too long you will smell like them.
    Do what you have to do to make you feel at ease, I am sure you are not the only one. No biggy.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes finger paint, glue, glitter, & stickers all over the place...Yes Yes Yes you will get used to it. LoL!!!

There's a kid who's hair, coat, & clothes smell like cigs. I had to ask my son's Teacher if she could move my son away from that child during snack, Lunch & nap time, because I have a really bad allergy. Well I wasn't the only one. So many parents complained that the kid no longer attends the Center.

~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009