Are you happy with Obama's selections so far?

Is this "hope" and "change"? Appointments of some of the most partisan, old-boy network, political hacks and ex-Clinton-ites? Be honest, are you happy so far with his choices for "hope", and "change"?? I mean, wouldn't you rather see more blacks being appointed, for example??? I would, and I'm white by the way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No...and I dont think race should have anything to do with who is put into what cabinet seat...just as people should not have voted for Obama just cause he's black! But he sure isnt picking great people is he?!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• No, I am not because the change I thought we were getting was "a fresh new face in washington". All we are getting are all Clinton people. So far the only fresh new face is obama. Maybe he has something going on that we do not know about. But, I am sure we will find out.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes I am! I can't wait to see him continue to screw up and watch CNN hammer him repeatedly for NOT living up to the expectations they put him under. I am eager to see how he handles the Gaza situation in the next 14 days and the horrific economy the wall street boys handed him. Watching the extreme left eat him alive will be like Christmas all over again.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• He picked the SAME Clintonistas, thus far. = No Change, yet
    He kept Bush's Homeland and Defense Administration= No Change, yet

The only CHANGE, I see? The ones in my pocket going jing a ling a ling, for now... We'll see what CHANGE he will bring. ;-P
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• In this case, I think change isn't necessarily defined by who is put in those cabinet spots. Change should be defined by the outcome - different policies, different ways of thinking, and different results. I believe the change Obama was speaking of will happen. Ultimately, no matter who is in his cabinet, Obama will be the one directing and ensuring there is positive and real change.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There has been ONE change. Bill Richardson, who Obama picked for Secretary of Commerce, has pulled out because he is being investigated by the Grand Jury for possible favor selling. Richardson was also in the Clinton's back pocket.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• prettylob1, unfortunately when it comes right down to it Obama is only as powerful as the people he appoints. No president is all powerful to do what ever he wants to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• anon 932, THAT comment you made is right on. AND the whole stupid way of thinking that caused so many braindead to vote for him. Call me a racist, whatever, AA populations actually believed he would be all powerful. I love to ask my one client who insisted his kid wouldn't have to say the pledge of allegiance when Obama was elected, if the kid is still saying it. His response? " after Jan. 20-he won't have to no'more". Fools.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Anyhooo, I am not overly thrilled that he is bringing in so many of the Clinton Cabinet, but I am happy with Hilary as SOS. I am excited that he is placing so many experts in place.

Call me crazy, but isn't wishing the President to do a bad job, sort of screwing yourself over?
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• So far no change. He has picked complete insiders and people from the good ole boy network. The only change we will have is when Obama changes his underwear.  This is going to be fun to watch.  The Democrats are self destructing without Republican help.  Democrats in charge of everything is always fun to watch.  When they screw up they have no one to blame but themselves.  Should be a fun two years.   Then the Republicans will come in and clean up the mess that is made like they did when Clinton was in office.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009