If you were to adopt an animal, would you pick the "cute" one or one that looked like he needed the home the most?

I just answered another question, and realized I am a complete sap for the "needy" animals. I've got a bald cat with anxiety, a one eyed cat, and a "special" cat that looked like nobody else would ever take them home.

Maybe one day my kids will get to have a cute pet LOL

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:23 PM on Oct. 25, 2011 in Pets

• Needy. Definitely needy. Picked up a lab from animal control today because he was needy - we're lucky if he's going to pull through, it's pretty bad.

Someone else can take the cuties.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 1:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• Neither. I go for one that has a temperament that best fits the family.

FLmommy0204

Answer by FLmommy0204 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• I look for cute and needy. LOL, though I have to say our dog was not needy, but she was cute, and she was an impulse (I wanted a baby something to take care of after having my miscarriage). The dog we had before her was both cute and needy, we got him from a vet tech that rescued him from a bad situation, and we paid her $80 to cover the money she spent on his medical stuff before we got him.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• I foster so bringing home the needy ones is what I do! When I adopted my dog I pIcked the one beat suited for my family and what we wanted in a dog.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 2:07 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• I pick the weird animals =) Like the cat with half an ear missing or the dog with 3 legs (just as examples). I just like the oddball out type animals, the ones who probably wouldn't get picked because people only want the 'cute' ones.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• the best fit for our family, i think most dogs are cute so that's usually not a problem :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• I go for "cute" or best well bred.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• I pick the one that fits my family. It does not matter if they are cute or needy.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• Definitely needy. But they are all beautiful too in their own way! At one point I has six cats with varying special needs (from missing limbs to illness).
    happymama110

Answer by happymama110 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• We took in our oldest Shepherd because the guy that had him said he wasn't a quality dog because one of his ears wouldn't stand up, both ears stand up like normal now. Our Husky picked us, she ran up to me in the middle of a national forest and jumped in my arms when we were on vacation 3 yrs ago. She was at stage 4 with heartworms, yes she's beautiful, but she was a horrible mess when we took her home, now she's healthy and happy. Our newest addition was 11 weeks when we took him home, and he was full of poop, and mud, and he was the only one sitting back and watching all of his siblings acting crazy.. We took him home, got him treated for parasites, and worms, gave him a much needed bath, and now he's a beautiful 9 month old German Shepherd. So no we don't pick the cute ones, we were picked and then we picked the one that fit our family, and needed us as well... I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:31 PM on Oct. 25, 2011