Why is Obama not "tainted" by the attempted sale of his senate seat, but Roland Burris is???

Can anyone explain to me how Obama is not tainted by the attempted sale of his senate seat? I remember voting for Roland Burris many times when I lived in Chicago, he's as qualified as anybody, and it's exciting to see another black get the seat. What's going on with the democratic party, can anyone explain it to me???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not really sure....but i still live in illinois not sure if you do..i'm honesty embarrassed to say that i'm a member of this state...as for obama being tainted...the reason he's not is because he was questioned..and the governors phones were tapped and obama had nothing to do with it..and he would have gained nothing from it...
    I don't think it's so much that Burris is tainted and i agree he is just as qualified as the next guy...but i think the reason there's a stink over it is not because of Burris himself but the way he has been brought in...Rod whats his face( i can't spell his last name) is just trying to finish with glory before his fellow people impeach his ass! I have never liked Rod i think he's an idiot....Our state has been through hell these past few years...And honestly i think if Obama was asked he would say he is embarrassed to have been associated with our current govenor..i know i am!
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• uh...cause he's black and we are so f-ing politically correct these days that we cant/are too scared to say ->he did it he needs to pay for it....then every black card in history would be pulled out. god forbid we say ya he did it but its not cause hes black its cause he's a law breaker!!!!! Seriously I dont understand how people actually voted for this man even though he surrounded himself with slimy scummy people...HELLOOOOOO that should give you an indication of his characer right there!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• anon 151..what the hell are you talking about! you didn't even answer the question!
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 3:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• "another black" wow.... cant believe u said that
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I thought ANONs were supposed to be color-blind?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm not sure that Obama surrounded himself with scummy people. Maybe the people he was surrounded by got scummy after being with HIM for so long. Every momma wants to say "their child was hanging out with the wrong crowd" Guess what-Obama IS the wrong crowd.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• What do you mean "what's going on with the Democratic Party"? Same shit different news station lady. The Democrats have power, they are the only ones to report on these days. It's just not being swept under the rug anymore. Which is why I have started watching CNN, because they are now bashing Dems more than ANYONE.
    Obama is Nancy's puppet, he must remain full of teflon so she can get done what SHE wants done.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Because Obama doesn't gain anything from the attempted sale of his seat. But Burris does stand to gain something - the Senate seat. So even though Burris is qualified and likely didn't have anything to do with the sale of the seat, his appointment is suspect. There will be those that question if he did pay for it, and those that question if he really qualified or was just picked because he is black and Blagojavich he figured people would be too afraid to not accept a black man.

Poor guy, really. He can't win for losing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Obama is EVERYONE'S puppet. He is too young with not enough experience and they are going to run the table on him! He is being tainted because more people are beginning to understand the incredibly corrupt Chicago political machine and that Obama was born straight out of it (politically speaking). He and those people did what it took to get him where he is and it will only get worse.

And for the love of god this is not a question about Bush or Palin.....wonder how long it takes to go there tho..........

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Are you serious? Have you not enough intellect and prose to answer this question yourself? Really?
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2009