sex and labor tmi :)

I know that when you have an orgasm you have a contraction... will that help induce labor? I know semen helps but my husband is a work so i was thinking of having fun on my own.... for induction purposes only :)
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well my dear unless you are like ready to pop any minute then I hate to tell ya but it won't work to well. I mean maybe if you do that and walk around the block like 20 times. I tried the sex thing it just caused a few contractions and nothing else, I was mad. But hey a fun time alone could be good, LOL!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 2:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• for me, orgasmn just caused painful Braxton Hicks..lol..i love how you throw in the induction purposes only as if thats the only reason women do that.lol..you crack me up!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• thats too funny....brings back memories. when i was in labor i decided to stay home for awhile b/c i did not want to get sent home. so all thru the night im going thru labor in bed while hubby is snoring next to me. a few hours after it gets light he wakes up with a woody, and BOOM! like its just any other regular morning. it didnt do anything as far as inducing, but it did distract me....a lil bit. i was already in labor tho. sorry not much help, just some reminiscing :0)

SolielStarrMom

Answer by SolielStarrMom at 6:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Who cares if its for induction purpouses only lol!!! go for it!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• From personal experience, I was 1 wk before due date, decided to try the 'alone' method, my water broke within 10 minutes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It is my understanding that the semen is actually the thing that causes the contractions....
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009