How soon after you have a baby is a good time to try for another?

I just had a baby on 11-11-08. Would it be too soon to try for another? I want a little girl and I want my kids to be close in age. Any suggestions?

2KandyS0Sweet9

Asked by 2KandyS0Sweet9 at 3:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have always heard 18 months is a good time. It gives the body a chance to recoup. I have also heard 18-59 months as well a too large gap can be just as bad as a too short gap between birth and the next pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• wait atleast 10 years!!!!! I wanted a boy and thank God I had a boy!!! now I dont want anymore, for me I think one is enough!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I want another one too, mine was born on 11/25/08 lol. But I think im gunna wait a few years. I think i'd sleep on it for a few weeks maybe even months, make the most of the one you have for awhile rather then jumping for another.
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 3:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would say wait a couple months and see how you feel...

try as soon as you want as long as you don't mind double diapers feedsings, and all that :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My first baby is due in 2 weeks, and I know for sure I don't want to be pregnant again for 3-4 years, if ever again.
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 3:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I know it seems tempting. My dd is almost seven months old, and four months ago, I was always saying how I wanted another one. And I still do, because like you, I want my kids close in age. But let me tell you, just wait until your baby starts being mobile, getting into everything, and being way harder to entertain. Give it a few months, and you might change your mind. I would suggest waiting at least 6 or 7 months to try....Good Luck!
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 4:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i would wait until things are stable and comforatalbe and you finatally and mentally ready for another..my daughter just turned one and shes driving me nuts getting into everything and such i cant imagine having to chase after two i would rip my hair out so i would reccomend waiting but the choice is yours
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 5:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I recommend waiting a few more months at least. My youngest two are 11 months apart...not by choice (surprise!).

I had two uneventful pregnancies and was induced with each to deliver at 39+ weeks.

The third one...I had a subchorionic hematoma and was one step under bedrest for the majority of my pregnancy, I had a low lying placenta which luckily moved out of the way so I could deliver vaginally, I was borderline for gestational diabetes (controlled by diet), I had a weight limit of 10lbs I could lift (hematoma and placenta placement)...I couldn't properly care for or even pick up the baby I had because of the one inside...and I went into labor on my own, early. He's a 36 weeker.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• When I did bring him home, I had an 11 month old and a newborn. I had an 11 month old who didn't even really know me because of all the restrictions I had while pregnant and he's now three years old...we're still trying to make up for lost time.

I can't (and don't) blame the medical problems of my pregnancy on the closeness...but because I suddenly had other than a text book pregnancy, I missed out on a LOT of my middle boy's infanthood.
    TiccledBlue

• The doctors recomend a full year BUT I know a lot of people who gets preggo soon after (around 6 months or so).
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 6:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2009