Anyone else do this right after giving birth???

Immediately after giving birth - well after waking up from the drugs enough to know my name - I was so so so very horny. And my husband was too. I was well aware that I couldn't have sex and; of course, didn't but I ended up making him allow me to give him head while I was still in the hospital...THAT DAY! I was like, "I don't care if the nurse comes in..I need it..."
Isn't this pretty screwed up??? Or did anyone else feel that 'worked up' and it wasn't that the labor or pain made me hot and bothered - I think it was hormones - cos I wasn't having any fun with the pain of it all.
I don't care - bash away...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can not help your hormones...go for it....what the hell...lol its your hubby...no matter where you are... I will let you know if that happens to me after my baby is born...k? lol
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Nope the first thing that popped into MY head was wheres my baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm the OP and .... Well mine too......but after that.......when things had calmed down some.
    My kid was my first concern too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• im not gonna bash you for being horny but in the hospital thats not cool that place is supposed to be sterile that the only problem and if your newborn baby is gonna be in that room (im sure not when it was happening but after) you want the place as sterile as possible..but no all i could think about was the pain because they wouldnt give me enough pain killers to actually kill the pain and my new baby...i couldnt imagine being horny at a time like that with so much else going on but it dosent make you screwed up everyones diffrent
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 5:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Did you feel like you really connected with your husband during the birth? I can see feeling like being intimate just after a delivery if the delivery took your relationship to another level, IYKWIM? My last birth was amazing in regards to my relationship wiht my husband. I didin't have the urge, but I can totally see how it can happen. More power to you, no bashing from me!
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 6:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am right there with you. While in labor I wanted sex so bad. The horniness went away while I was eating and cleaning up but came back once we were transferred to the recovery room. The 2 weeks we did wait were killer.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Actually when I went in for my 2 week appt after my third the nurse said to me "Have you had sex yet?" I said eww no who would do that? I just had a baby 2 weeks ago! and she said to me " the dr has been called in several times to re stitich up woman right in the l & d room because they had sex right in the hospital." So I guess what you felt wasn't that abnormal. Not for me but not abnormal either. I guess the hormones just affect all woman differently.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I cant say im thinking of that right after giving birth im thinking that i just want my baby to be ok and praying that all the little tests they do on them are normal and they dont walk in and say well we did this and they didnt pass i tense up everytime a nurse or the pediatrician walks in!! and also thinking that i hurt really bad and would love a nap!! but once im home i get that way really really quick!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It doesn't hurt to have sex that soon after? I thought that is why they said wait for six to eight weeks!!! (This is my first so I haven't had the experience yet....
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I"ve read that happens. Some women even feel that giving birth is sexual in some way! It makes sense, figuring that having a baby is sort of a manifestation of human sexuality...
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2009