Is Oral Sex A Sin???

I was just wondering...since oral sex can't possibly produce offspring and that's the true purpose of sex....is it wrong for my husband and I to have oral sex???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• if sex was only to produce offspring? then why does different acts of sex feel so good and why are they so fun? God wants us to enjoys eachother bodies that is why he gave us that funny feeling in different spots...lol...and in different ways...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes!!! And you are going to burn in hell for eternity!!!!!

^bad attempt at humor at (almost) 5 am after being up with a baby that didn't want to sleep today after his 2 am feeding...

Seriously though, I think it depends on the teachings of one's denominational affiliation and/or interpretation of the Bible if they were Christian. Most followers of a non-Abrahamic religion wouldn't care less, because they don't (generally) believe in sin
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 4:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Who cares!  I do what I want to do not what some religious dogma says I should do.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You seriously believe the only purpose for sex is to have children? Then for you, yes, it would be a sin to have oral sex. Also to have sex when you are pregnant which would be sin by redundancy.
    jaimie175

Answer by jaimie175 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• No. It's between you and your husband. Sex outside of marriage (oral or otherwise) is a sin. Sex within marriage - not a sin.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• In the middle ages they paid monks and priests to go around thinking up stuff that people might do, that they could call sins and guilt-trip them about. Who's paying YOU? This is the silliest thing I ever heard of. If two consenting adults want to have oral sex, why is it YOUR business what arrangement they have with their Deity about whether is is sinful or not?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• As long as you're married, whether you take it in the dumper, the talker, or have a bit of the usual it is not a sin.
    Anonymous

• in our religion it is up to our own discretion what is done in the bedroom. no sin in anything you do accept maybe looking at porn. also we us the reason for sex is to procreate but it also to become of flesh. that is why you should only do that with the one you marry.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It's not a sin for anyone to have oral sex, given they are of age and mind to consent.
    phazed.0ut

Answer by phazed.0ut at 3:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I dont think it is....If its done with your husband only. Visa Versa. Sexual health is condoned by religion.
    Anonymous