At what point during your pregnancy...

did you start feeling like a whale? With my DD it wasn't until about 34 that I started feeling like a whale, or battle ship, or whatever you will. With this pregnancy it is now, at 30 weeks. I told my DH the other day that I am feeling especially pregnant. He asked what I meant, and I told him that I feel more like 40 weeks than 30 weeks! I can't bend down, I waddle, I can't stay on my feet for very long. LOL

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 3:41 PM on Oct. 25, 2011 in Pregnancy

• About midway through with my oldest. With this one, I'm almost 33 weeks, and I'm just now starting to feel it with this one. I think it's because I gained more weight by 20 weeks with my first than I've gained total with this one. I can tell you one thing though, I'm more achy and slow with this one than I ever remember being with my first. I also don't remember being this DONE this early with my first one. I'm so ready for this baby to be here already!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 3:48 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• I have started feeling like a whale in the past week and I'm 38 weeks today.
    momma2b2008

Answer by momma2b2008 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• Eviesmommy, I know exactly what you mean! I am 30 weeks, and so DONE! I don't remember feeling just done until about 38 or 39 weeks with DD. I also have gained a lot less this pregnancy, but my belly is still huge. Both times I was all belly, and my belly is VERY round, which makes it worse because I can't bend!
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• With my first - i didn't really feel that way. I was very mobile, i carried her more "tucked away". People told me all the time "you don't even look pregnant" (NEVER say this - by the way - ) And then was induced at 38 wks. With my second - i started feeling icky around 37 weeks. and had contractions, middle of the night delivery at 38 weeks.
    Nutmeg101

Answer by Nutmeg101 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 25, 2011

• AF4life, yup, I'm having that same problem. All round belly! Makes it hard to tie shoes, makes it hard to shave legs (though now that summer's over, I'm finding myself becoming more lazy about this), makes it harder to just bend and do anything really! And you're right, I don't remember being done with my first until I was around 38 weeks or so. And then it was more of an excitement of "come one, I wanna meet her!" This one, the excitement of meeting her is mixed in with the desire to be done with the heartburn, back aches, and lack of flexibility.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2011