How loud does your SO/Husband snore?

I am sitting SO far away from my husband right now- two rooms away and I can STILL hear him snoring. Sometimes I think he is going to wake himself up with the snoring but he does not- he has even snored while awake and falling asleep. I love him but it is SO annoying- anyone else have a roof shaker in their home?

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 5:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes, I have a roof shaker. I am 3 rooms away and can still hear the man. It used to bug me but for some reason I now have trouble falling asleep without hearing him. The only time I nudge him is when I'm trying to read or watch TV in bed and he's facing me. The other day I actually shook him because he was laying there completely silent and it freaked me out... he looked at me like I was crazy LMAO.
    He starts snoring before he is asleep too, I really don't understand how that works. He promised to stay up and watch a movie with me last weekend, and 5 minutes in I hear him snoring only to look over and his eyes still open. He tried to argue he was awake... but the man can seriously snore. I even let him pick out the movie.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• NO I am so lucky, unless he has a cold or something he usually doesn't. But I have been told I am the snorer, sleep talker, ect. So lucky for me I don't have to put up with me. LMAO
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 5:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• fortunately my husband only snores when overtired. BUT.... when he does, I HAVE TO TURN HIM OVER SO HE DOESNT INHALE THE CURTAINS LOL
    oliveoyl214

Answer by oliveoyl214 at 6:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Very ,very loud.It is sleep apnea but he won't go overnight to a clinic to get treatment and diagnosis.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Married 20+ years and the man gets louder every year. I have to wear myself out, so I fall asleep before him. Otherwise I am up all night.

CrankyHag

Answer by CrankyHag at 8:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My DH is a snorer. And right now he has a bad cold! And I'm on night 3 without a full nights rest. My Oldest has sleep issues and was up at 3:45, the baby was up all night whining (must be coming down with something again). But my DH is beginning the night shift tonight, so I'm going to get some rest (hopefully)!!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• HA HA love it "...so he won't inhale the curtains!!" That's my hubby too.But mine does have severe sleep apnea-he's on cpap.He's stopped breathing over 90 times in one test and fallen asleep at red lights.CPAP is a lifesaver!!About SleepApnea-if your partners legs are shaking when they're snoring and you can see them stop breathing-STOP COOKING/CLEANING NO SEX UNLESS UNLESS they get tested.Save their life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Really really loud. I do the same... try to fall asleep before him or I am doomed. Lord help me if my little man is in there too they sound like a chorus. I got headphones to hook into my sound machine. Ahhh... the rainforest!
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 9:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Thankfully my DH doesnt snore but my dad snored so loud. When we went camping my uncle could hear my dad snoring and he thought it was a bear! But now my dad doesnt snore anymore because he was given a sleep mask for his sleep apnea. My mom is so happy because she could hardly sleep in the same house as him.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 10:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• YES!!! it sucks so bad and i am pregs and snore when pregs so he wont feel bad about it like usual, my ds is 3, gets in bed and snores too, so i have an echo! it drives me mad! you can hear my dh on a different floor of the house!!! amost yelling volume levels...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2009