Is it a bad thing that I DONT want to share my Bday with my baby?

I am preggo with #2 baby and she is due on very close to my bday. My son was very late so if this baby is a couple of days late she might come on my bday. I DONT want that! I think it is MY birthday and I dont want to share with anybody. My mother shared birthdays with my brother and the truth is that for at least 16 years nobody celebrated her bday... only my brothers. Or someone would sing 2 happy birthdays on my brother's party but I dont think it is the same thing.

When I tell people that I dont want her on my bday (I even told the doctor that) they look at me like I am a mean mommy.

why is it bad?

Paty_hotmommy

Asked by Paty_hotmommy at 6:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont think you are mean and I dont think its selfish.....however i think a lot of the other responses on here are just downright bitchy and mean.....god i've never seen more responses not only in the answers section but in groups as well where people can't just answer the damn question but they have to try to make the poster feel like crap as well! Seriously why can't people just be like yeah ok i think your being silly or yeah i think your being selfish, why do they need to try to make people worse than they already do? We are all women and we are all mothers and NONE of us are perfect so get off your damn high horses cuz you probably have something in your life that you could get "bashed" for as well!
    DaraMichelle

Answer by DaraMichelle at 10:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well, it is kind of silly. But that's OK. Everyone is silly about something.

I think that just because your mother allowed her birthday to be overshadowed doesn't mean it will happen to you. She must not have thought it was a big deal.

The baby comes when it comes - unless you are scheduling a c-section.

Have a great 2009 and congrats (and happy birthday - in advance)....
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• okay so really how old are you? i would love to share my bday with one of my children i think that would be great. and the older you get the more your bdays dont matter. i don't understand why you are so upset about sharing your birthday with your CHILD.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:27 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sorry to say that even if the baby is born days around your b-day for years the baby will still think it is his/hers b-day. When they are 2-7 they will still take over thinking it is theirs, esp. since everyone will be talking about theirs for weeks in advance.

How old are you anyway?
    dhhaj

Answer by dhhaj at 7:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I haven't had a bday party in many years and the closest child's bday I have is 5 days away. I do think its kinda childish, that you would be upset that your baby's was born on your birthday because everyone would forget about you. Makes you sound jealous of your own kid. My husband had his fingers crossed that the new baby would be born on his bday but she is being born early. My oldest son was born on my mom's 43rd bday and they both love it, especially my son. You just sound like a little kid that doesn't want to share your bday with your kid because they might get more attention than you.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my sister delivered the day after her birthday and she doesn't like it either. I understand where your coming from and I don't think I would like to give birth on my birthday either. Selfish maybe but we only get one day a year that is "ours" and doesn't belong to anyone else. Personally I see nothing wrong with keeping it that way. I got ticked off too when my oldest two ended up being 3/19 and 3/20 but my son came well over a month early and there was nothing I could do about it. I don't like having my kids share a birthday either.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My youngest son was due on my B-day and i felt the same way as you that everyone would just forget about me and that would be it for b days the rest of my life!! He ended up being born on June 21st and mine is June 23rd... But then i was upset about being cooped up in the hospital on my b-day, well i had him the afternoon on the 21st and was home by late morning of the 22nd!! It'll be ok but i know how your feeling and your not wrong on a mean mom for feeling that way.... we as moms always put our kids b4 ourselves everyday we should at least get our one day a year for it to just be about mom!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• no its not bad or selfish either, to be a good mom you need a little you time and some fun for yourself. although if the time comes that you do have the baby on your bday i think the last thing running through your mind will be disappointment, youll be so excited about the baby to even worry about it
    learae

Answer by learae at 8:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't know. I really wanted to share my birthday with my son! He was due Feb 17 and arrived Feb 28. 2 days shy of my birthday. Oh well. I don't see why you woudln't but to each his own I guess.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You must be used to big birthday celebrations! I would think it was a nice present to have my baby on my birthday....but it is okay to want what you want. I hope it goes the way you want it to!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2009