When did you go on maternity leave?

I worked until the day before my ds was born, but I just read that women who start their leave in the last month of pregnancy are 4 times less likely to have a c-section.

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 6:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was one winter break with one, so 4 days before, then I was off for Labor day, so 2 days before, and the third I was on strike. I would be bored waiting if I took a month off. That's just me. I did have my summers off with the two, and I was more nervous looking for labor signs. Work keeps me busy, so time flies.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• With my first(born on a Sunday), I worked Saturday morning at the bank, so techincally I started the day after he was born! With my 2nd, i was working the day I had her( she was born at night), With my third, I was at work when my water broke. All my babies were early and I had planned to work up until they were born. If you are healthy and your dr says its okay, I would say go ahead and work.
    Mommah3

Answer by Mommah3 at 7:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Mine is a little different. I'm 38 weeks right now and I started about 2 1/2 weeks ago but only because I work in education and we were off for Christmas break...I thought "why go back for the last couple weeks". Besides, I've got toxemia and a herniated disk and they have wanted me on bedrest for quite some time. With my first pregnancy I worked until 2 weeks before I delivered...I had toxemia then too.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I stopped working a little less than a week before my oldest was due and also born (no c-section). With the twins I stopped working completely 6 days before a scheduled c-section (both breech, not likely due to me working), but I also cut back to part-time several months before that. I really can't imagine what working has to do with c-section, and staying active should actually make a vaginal delivery easier.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I got 2 weeks after my son was born. I worked and went to school up until he was born.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 11:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i wasnt due til april 26..but i went on sick leave in december for 4 months, then i had my one year mat. leave starting may 1st..right after my daughter was born..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• oi worked up untill the day i had my kids. exercise and such makes for easy labor
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• With my last son I worked up until the day before he was born - he was a planned C-section. I took 2wk off from work, and when I came back I worked 1/2 days for 3 wks. (FYI- I am a WAHM).
    With my previous 2 boys (both by c-section) I worked at an office job where I worked until the day before delivery and then had 8 weeks off with each child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• With my dd, I worked full-time all along, moved from an apartment into a house on my due date, then worked another week through Friday (all day) and spent $300 at the grocery store on Saturday, having just moved into a new house, then went into labor Sunday morning and dropped off my keys to the office to my assistant on the way to the hospital.
    With my ds, I worked full-time up to and including the day that I had him. He was scheduled to be induced a week early, and I went into work that morning before my 12:00 appt at the hospital on Thursday. Then, Friday morning I had my tubes tied before I left the hospital, and was back at work on Monday because I had to get the paychecks out, including mine! :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• with my first I worked until the day before I was induced. It was a surprise induction though, I was planning on going on leave two weeks later. With my second I worked until June 29th and he was born July 21st
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009