Has anyone else had this happen?

I just took a pregnancy test and it said Pregnant!! However, it is an early pregnancy test bc my period (if regular) was due friday. I have been irregular for awhile now....

Has anyone else ever had a positive on the early pregnancy tests, and it been true? I just feel like its too good to be true :) I have been trying since August.

AuntEmmy

Asked by AuntEmmy at 8:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes. You will rarely get a false positive.

Answer by gemgem at 8:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Im not sure but congrats!! I got my positive this morning also!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 8:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yeah i took one 5-6 days before my pissed period and it was positive.....:) going on 11 weeks prego now
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• yes! I guess CONGRATS is in order for you momma!
    JACKIE1636

Answer by JACKIE1636 at 8:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Usually when a HPT says positive, you are indeed positive. Only a few drugs can cause you to get a false positive and you can't accidentally take those unless you're raiding someone's medical cabinet without paying attention. LOL There have been cases where something was screwy with a particular kind of test, but if you buy a different brand, that is at least as sensitive as the first, and get a positive, then YES, you are pregnant.
    redlily08

Answer by redlily08 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Without a doubt in my mind I would say that you are pregnant. Congrats! Now call your doctor, tell them you got a positive on a pregnancy test. Sometimes you have to go to your PCP first and then can go to the OB. You will want to make these calls so you can begin your prenatal care. Sometimes there is a wait for these appts, so go get in there! Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Congrats! it would very odd if it was wrong! I took mine early with the first kiddo and sure enough! Best Wishes!
    abpfeffer2002

Answer by abpfeffer2002 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009