Is it safe to use sunscreen on a 2 month old?

C.Talley

Asked by C.Talley at 1:21 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's totally safe to use sunscreen on any age baby. That's much better than leaving your baby expose to the dangerous sun rays. Try "water Babies" by Coppertone
    GodPRKitty

Answer by GodPRKitty at 1:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I would ask you Dr. I know that all of the sunscreen I looked at when my son was 3-4 months said for use on babies 6 months and older.. Not sure why but better safe then sorry right. I of course am that paranoid parent that has her baby in shorts/sunshirt and hat everytime he goes swimming...LOL
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 5:11 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My son is 1 month old and his doctor told me to not use sunscreen on him until he is 6 months old because of all the chemicals contained in them. Use hats, umbrellas - anything for shade when taking baby outside. Hope this helps.
    Curlysigngirl

Answer by Curlysigngirl at 9:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• its unsafe to not.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:55 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• use baby sunscreen and hats and shade!!!
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 11:18 PM on Jul. 18, 2008