How accepting are you of other mothers' differences: religion, parenting style, etc?

I have moved to a new town and it is very different from what I am used to. I'm interested in making friends for myself and my baby and I'm curious about how tolerant other parents out there are... If you're one religion, do you have friends of another faith? If you parent your child one way, are you critical of others who parent differently? I just feel like the oddball out here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know what it feels like to be the "odd ball". It is wild how the county is seperated into regions and how different those regions are. I feel like I need a passport to live in Northern Florida. LOL I have many friends of many cultures. I am strong in my faith and beliefs enough to respect other people and their beliefs. I try to be understanding with all differences..parenting and otherwise. Hope you find a niche in your new area. You always have cafe mom ...where all women come together. take care.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I wouldn't judge a person by their relious beliefs.I would judge them by their actions.And if they were honest and caring.Just be yourself and be nice and you will make new friends.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I don't mind hanging out with moms of other religions (or who are not religious at all) as long as they are not pushing another religion on my kids (or myself in front of my kids) or like cursing or something lol!
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i have catholic friends, episocpalian, atheist, and even wiccan. i beleive that every child is differnet and every family is different. i try to not tell anyone hwo to live. judge not and all that. but...if there were abuse involved, id' be getting involved.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2008