12 weeks pregnant and bleeding!

ok so I've been having on and off spotting mostly brownish in color and every time that happens I get an ultrasound and every thing so far is great, til 2 night ago around midnite when I had a big gush of blood and tissues and kept going for 15 minutes I thought not only I lost my baby but I'm going to die, after that it slowed down alot but still bleeding bright red the next day my midwife heard the baby's heart beat and I got an ultrasound too and baby and plecenta looked fine, but she doesn't seem to know why am I bleeding, and I want to know too, so my Q is did that happen to anyone here or to someone they know?? I've been an emotional wreck and can't stop crying thinking that I'm going to loose this baby any second.
P.S I've had two miscarriages before and have a wonderful 20 month old baby boy

Shaima78

Asked by Shaima78 at 8:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• thats SO not normal. i would refuse to leave the doctors office, handcuff yourself to a hospital bed!
    learae

Answer by learae at 8:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• could be where the placenta is located... causing blood loss.... You say midwife care, do you also have OB care? They should be more concerned for you IMO... Don't they call that placenta disruption or something,,,, where the placenta is located close to the cervix, movements, sudden bumps etc, cause the placenta to "leak".... I'm thinking they surgically seal the cervix shut until you are close to delivery.... GO ASK SPECIFICS at your medical facility. Good luck to you.
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm not sure, but i can say seek a second opinion. This is not normal, and i hope everything works out.
    shirley_serrano

Answer by shirley_serrano at 9:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would def go see another dr or go to the ER. My sister had the same thing happen to her cause the placenta tore away and there was a ton of blood and fluid. That could kill you and the baby so i would get checked by someone else right away!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i bled with my first pregnancy but not that bad and dr checked everything out and i was fine. But i also saw a OB and the ER dr. I would get a second opinion just to make sure everything is ok.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If there is a doctor associated with the practice, I would ask to see him/her for a second opinion. With your previous history, I would say that you are a high risk pregnancy and a midwife may not be the best for your situation. Although there is nothing that can be done to stop a miscarriage, there are some precautions that can take place to help you stay pregnant. Assert yourself for your own health and the baby.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• thank you everyone so much for your wonderful answers, I never thought of seeing a doctor since I had so much faith and trust in my midwife because she's the same one I had with my previous pregnancy, which was a healthy one, so tomorrow I'm calling them and switching to an ob doctor and maybe he or she can help me. THANK YOU GUYS.....I 'M SO GLAD I JOINED THIS GROUP

Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My best friend just went through something very similar. She was bleeding bright red blood for about 2 weeks and they never found out the cause of it. About 4 weeks later, she started getting really bad cramps and some contractions and had to be hospitalized. They thought that maybe she had a minimal abuption and it got infected and they gave her antibiotics and now almost a month later she and baby are doing great. They still never figured out what happened though. Keep your hopes up!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 1:36 PM on Jul. 30, 2010