STAY-At-HOME vs.WORKS 8 HOURS HONESTLY MOMS!

How many hours a day do you clean?Do you have any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It seems like I'm always cleaning! With my dh, 7 year old step son and 6 month old ds there's plenty to do around the house. I do laundry and dishes everyday. Plus I get up early to cook breakfast and make lunches and like to have dinner ready when my dh gets home so we can all sit down together. Between work around the house and running errands I do more than when I worked a 40 + hour week...but it's MUCH more rewarding!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm a SAHM. I really don't see the need for a debate like this. I don't think my job is any harder than someone who works, and they shouldn't either. If you are happy doing what you are doing, and you do what you do well, then why start an ignorant argument??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm always cleaning! I clean something and they mess it up again.

Seriously though--not only do I clean, but I bathe the kids, I prepare the food and wash the dishes, I homeschool them. I work a good amount of hours per day.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with this question...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am a stay-at home mom and i do 3-4 hours of cleanig daily and i'm always picking up after everyone it's enough to make you crazy.But i love my family an i'm glad to do it but i do it all except my 11 yr olds room thats all her.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Do ANONs clean?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I recently went back to work but it hasn't made a big difference, even when I was a SAHM everyone in my house pitches in. The kids have always had chores and hubby helps clean if I need him to. I spend maybe an hour a day cleaning and I do at least one load of laundry.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Do ANONs clean?!? What the heck does that mean?

I'm a SAHM and I have a cleaning routine that I stick to throughout the week. I still have two toddlers at home though so I feel like I'm constantly picking up toys, wiping up spills, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've done both. Being a SAHM I work longer hours. I usually spend 5 to 6 hours a day just cleaning, but that's split up by taking care of the kids, rescuing the poor cats from them, etc. Seriously, when I worked, it was like a break to me, just because I was doing something different. But I missed my son too much. (Only had one, then). Working moms should take a minute, when they think SAHM's have it easy, to remember that someone else is doing 8 hours of their work while they are at work. And that SAHM's usually have more responsibilities around their house. Very rarely will a husband of a SAHM pitch in with housework, often because they're working an extra job or more hours so that their wife can stay home with the kids. Most SAHM's have more than one SMALL children. And they're usually expected to make a full meal, not from a can or a box, not take out, EVERY night.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I guess it just depends on how messy the house is lol :-) My toddler "helps," the baby will occasionally pick up a block & throw it in the bin (yay! teach 'em young lol) Mostly though my kids wait until I'm finished cleaning and take a small break, upon which they'll dump every single toy I just picked up. All I can do is laugh (not always on the inside though lol) and start again!! :-)
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Weekdays, I set a timer for 30 minutes. I do the dishes, and whatever time I have left after that, I do other cleaning. After 30 minutes, I am done. No questions asked. I need to have alone time after working all day.
    Weekends, I will do all the laundry and vacuum and clean up anything that has gotten pretty grungy looking.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009