So what do you do......

when your life is falling apart? My husband won't work, is addicted to prescription painkillers, have a FIL from hell living with us, my step-son who is an ass living with us. I just got off disability and was in school (I only have a semester to go to get my assoc.) and had to quit because he won't get a job! Now I am looking for work to support these people? Am I stupid or what?

bluefly36

Asked by bluefly36 at 9:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Yep, I'd kick their asses into gear , get the hubby help and go from there.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Your not stupid but its time to stop being a doormat and you need to kick them all out.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my kids dad in hooked on pain pills to so you are not alone and i am about to move to another state to get away from him and his family they drive me up the damn wall all the time im stupid for putting up with it for this long but i did it for the kids what i can say is dont support them make them work themselves or save up some money and move gl
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You aren't stupid. You are trying to make a good life for yourself. If you know a minister, perhaps he or she could advise you. It seems as though the load is all on your shoulders. The FIL should be contributing to the household upkeep. If you husband won't work I don't know what to tell you. If he is disabled, then he may be able to get disabilty payments. I wish that you could get your degree before stopping trying. Perhaps you could work and get the degree at night. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I see no reason for you to stay and support people that will not take responsibility for thier lives. Life is too short for you to put your life and dreams on hold so that irresponsible people can mooch off of you. You need to make a list of where you want to be in one year and the steps you'll have to take to get there. There are grants and scholarships available that you might be eligible for. Go the the admission office at your school and ask for help in finding a way to finish school. Education is the way out of a lifestyle like this. Educate yourself at all costs so that you'll be able to have a better life because you deserve a much better life than this. Start today in moving toward a better life!!
    Lisahi

Answer by Lisahi at 9:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2009