HELP!! 19 mo. old waking up at night again and screaming. Never been able to let him "cry it out". Any advice how to handle at this age?

Wakeful toddler

SidsMum

Asked by SidsMum at 9:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be molars coming in , growing pains or night mares, all common causes of night waking at this age.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Is it at the same time each night? could be night terrors if so. Or just bad dreams. IF it's stressful or new situations during the day, he could be dreaming about them. Baby's way of dealing. Could be teething or a growth spurt and he's just really hungry. hard to tell w/o more details. Any pulling at the ears?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• bump. it's killing me too. my little guy is 23 months. and there is no new stressful situations going on here. and it seems like night terrors. and don't know why.
    codysmommy213

Answer by codysmommy213 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My son is 18 months and has never been a sleeper. He has always gotten up 1-3 times a night cries out for milk and then goes back to bed. Some times he will scream for 10 min. or so and we have no idea why I wish there was an answer for that.
    nicole541

Answer by nicole541 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009